So um yeah, I like graduated and stuff

Jeros

Part of the furniture
So after four years and many thoughts of it not happening I finally got presented with my BSc from Edinburgh University at the age of 28!

mem8Zsy.jpg

I am now qualified to be a Geologist!

And also have the bit of paper I need to move to Australia forever!

Huzzah

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Nice.

But white bow tie??! :eek:

Yes graduating males are asked to wear a "white wing collar shirt and white bow tie" on the uni website.

I could not find a white wing collar in my size and price range at the time so I just wore a normal shirt, I looked at the photos from previous years and loads of people do it, and on the letter they send to your house they just ask for a "white collar shirt" omitting the wing bit there so I had that to back me up if anyone mentioned it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Coal industry? Big money over there, well done :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
nice work. now go earn £lol in aus digging up gold/coal/platinum !

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Don't know if I will go into Geology as a field or just back to the IT industry.

"Successful applicant will have the minimum of a BA/BSc" I don't know how that is relevant to hardware support but I have it for them now :rolleyes:.

Chilly

Balls of steel
wtf? go and be a mining geologist. it's a far, FAR better career. hardware support? Are you insane?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
wtf? go and be a mining geologist. it's a far, FAR better career. hardware support? Are you insane?

Yeah I know, tbh I am probably going to up working in mapping of some sort for a few years and start up my own business in Oz.

I have a pretty large skillset now and better part of a decade of workplace experience and some great contacts.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Yeah I know, tbh I am probably going to up working in mapping of some sort for a few years and start up my own business in Oz.

I have a pretty large skillset now and better part of a decade of workplace experience and some great contacts.
mapping is cool. if you need any geospatial programmers I'm your man, as long as you sponsor my visa ;)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
mapping is cool. if you need any geospatial programmers I'm your man, as long as you sponsor my visa ;)

Well if you can do that you can probs get over as a skilled migrant anywho ;) You don't need a sponsor for that.

The really juicy thing at the moment is that you can go over without even workplace experience, just a Bachelors and be under 35 and English speaking for most states and territory's (they scrapped the experience requirement last I checked due to the "poor state of global markets, such as the UK") so there is that option. So I will have to weigh up my options.

Chilly

Balls of steel
yeah I know I can get the skilled migrant thing, I've got way more than the 60 points required. I just cant be bothred :D Way easier to get sponsored.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't know if I will go into Geology as a field or just back to the IT industry.

Geology.

IT is soul-destroying and mind-numbingly dull in the long-term.

Oh, and it has practically no women. Why would it? The ones that are interested in working in IT tend to be broken...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well done mate! studying myself atm and so I say good on ya! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom