So um... what's like, the best mod?

S

Summo

Morning all. Nice place you have here.

I was just a-wondering... what are people's favourite UT mods? I play Day of Defeat myself, based on Half-Life and I feel sure that UT's superior engine would have spawned some top mods by now. I guess I'm looking for something a little more 'realistic' ie. proper metal bullets, no two-storey jumping, no green slime launchers... you get the idea. Not bothered about the setting as long as the game plays well.

I've heard good things about Tactical Ops, Infiltration and Strike Force (thanks, Plightstar ;)) but all I have to go on are screenshots. (In which respect Strike Force looks the best, imo but for all I know it plays like a donkey). What do you guys play?

Anyway, thanks for humouring an old n00b, and thanks for letting me in your lovely forum.

*nick souvenir*

*run*

S

Summo

Bah. Only reply in two days and look what I get.

UT players sux0r! :eek:

O

old.Kez

UT is a myth, no-one plays it. At least, no-one literate (as demonstrated by the empty wilderness that is this forum, and the mind-numbingly low IQ apparent on other UT boards)

S

Summo

I see. Maybe I'll stick with meh Day of Defeat...

W

Wij

<Serious_mode>

UT is fine in it's default form. Much better than the mods imo. However knowing you to be a semi-realism type of weirdo you should try Tactical Ops and Strike Force. I used to quite like Tactical Ops in the first couple of betas but I think it's pants now (sorry TO fans :)) I never liked Strike Force at all. Not really tried Infiltration. If I were to pick one I'd say to try TO first but since you have broadband now you might as well try all three.

</Serious_mode>

O

old.FusY

Tactical ops?
Its kinda like cs, never played it, heard lots of people have, and they say its good. But if its like cs, it must r0x0r :rolleyes:

W

Wij

It's exactly the same idea as CS.

SF is slightly less so.

W

Wij

Did you get them then ?

(oh and do you fancy a few ut games. tdc, bigbb and me were discussing playing tonight :))

T

Trem

I thought Phil Daniels was the best mod in quadrophenia:p

S

Summo

Originally posted by Wij
Did you get them then ?

(oh and do you fancy a few ut games. tdc, bigbb and me were discussing playing tonight :))

Yes and yes, though I'm out from about 7:30 tonight. :(

Was playing a bit of vanilla UT and it was rather spinky. I quite like it. I already own everybody. Of that there's no doubt.

Tried the Tactical Ops mod for a few minutes but could already see it played much better than CS. Will try a vouple of others when I can, though I suspect I'll prolly start playing UT on its own.

Let me know what time you're playing tonight and I'll certainly join in if I'm home. I'll get so pasted....

W

Wij

Think we were planning a bit later then 7:30 but you could pm tdc. He might have forgot anyway :D

S

Summo

Oh yeah, yeah, like... I'll arrange your game for you even though I can't play, yeah? Yeah, like... okay. Sure. :eek:

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by SomeGuy
I already own everybody.
SUMMO IS TEH KILL0R!!!23

Of that there's no doubt.

err ok mebbeh he's not ;)

I'll get so pasted....
I prefer to call it 'turned into red mist", but everyone is entitled to their opinion :D

T

Testin da Cable

next time dun shoot meh when I try to keep the baddies off ya G ;)

M

MYstIC G

sorry, was that "dont shoot when I just happen to walk in front of you" or did I just get it wrong? ;)

T

Testin da Cable

heh
if I happen to weave in front of you then dodge the other way =P
train much we must young man ;)
next time I'll be a human like everyone else heh all the peeps ganging up on the ickle skaarj :(

W

Will

Well, I had fun - feel like repeating the UT death some time?

M

MYstIC G

Tonight is good, new series of enterprise sucks

W

Will

Heh, bit short notice...

Give me a shout in one of the IRC channels tonight, I'll see what I can organise.

B

bigbb

I think I did indeed own Itcheh on that marvellous night, him being on my team was a mild disadvantage.

Must do again chaps, only this time Mystic can leave my redeemer alone, bast kept nicking it :/

Lessa do tonight, about 9ish is best for me. Pweese?

B

bigbb

Aw, Wij :(

Hurry home den, we didn't finish until about 1 last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom