So, ToA, is it worth it..?

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
For those of you who have got it, whats the good points about it?

I ordered one copy (not arrived yet) and can't decide which account to put it on.

Whether to put it on the account with a couple of level 50's I hardly play any more just to wander about and see whats out there, or to put it on the account with a level 47 on and hope to find some interesting places to xp?

So tell me all about it, you lucky peoples who've already got on the boat!

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't had time to explore Atlantis to much yet, but the new gfx engine is totally awsum! Runs real smooth and look teriffic! :D

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
its worth getting just to go play on the island with all the chests on tbh:

ooh whats in this one, <right click>

AH RUN, MASSIVE SNAKES

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Its a load of annoying crap, but if you want to compete in RvR again you have to buy it.

Good one mythic, why not just put guns to our heads and demand we hand over all our money :mad:

fruitcake

Fledgling Freddie
From what I have seen so far I like it.The graphic upgrade is very good ima and I like quest's and puzzles so it's good for me.And like the man says if you want to rvr you have to have it,even when the ML and artifacts get nerfed in 1.68 they will still be powerful enough to make a huge difference.

York

Fledgling Freddie
Must admit ive not played for about a month, got ToA this morning and ive not eaten today.

Thankgod they brought the server down.

Anyways, so far i like it.

why?
1. The new user interfaces are 110% improvement over the old one, you can even make your own but i DLed the deep blue Atlantis mod from the VN boards, class, all the way.

2. The new graphics engine is excellent, the trees look alot more realistic, the ground is more detailed and smoother, not sure about the water cos my card doesnt support it unfortunatly.

3. Mobs here seem to be easier (or might just be me) xp is faily generous when your underwater, and there actually is a bit of a challenge, eg mobs swimming above you so you have to keep an eye out. lets just say ive had to leg it a few times.

4. After spending about 5 of the 8 hours ive been on today reading, im looking forward to getting my grubby hands on some artifacts, thier graphics are pretty good eg .. http://www.geocities.com/ismail_fayez/sshot181.jpg

5. Quests seem to be in abundance, so there is alot of content to keep you happily occupied while running around and exploring.

i must point out however that although things seem pretty good at the moment, once the novelty wears off (hoping new frontiers is out by then) there will be things that annoy us just like they do now.

overall rating 9 out of 10.

please feel free to flame me, i wont be reading them cos server will be up soon.

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
York you show off.... Gifv sun shield :D

you wanna do some mls tonight? im rallying my troops but i dont think we will be that many our guilds could maby start a bg

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
was wondering wut spec pc's people have been running it on and how well it has been running aswell.

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
Brack said:
was wondering wut spec pc's people have been running it on and how well it has been running aswell.

well....got a 3.2AMD with a GF5700Ultra and 512 Megs RAM...game runs ultrasmooth :)

Only problem I have sometimes: When I alt-tab out of the game and return to it, my typed messages appear up to a minute delayed in chat. However everything else works smooth still. Some peeps said that there already is a Hotfix being programmed for this though.

Larik

Fledgling Freddie
Looks great so far! Seems better for level 50s though, not sure how useful the new areas are for exp. Mobs are mostly orange con+ where we went last night, to 50. And they have lots of nasty tricks, makes it a good laugh but dangerous :)

York

Fledgling Freddie
Kelio said:
York you show off.... Gifv sun shield :D

Ok so now ive been out for at least 6 hours plus trying to get that bloody shield, got the scrolls but the shield is just being a pain.

Always enjoy my little sail to Mob (Treasure) Island though.

Nice to see you in there Kelio =D. Try going to Bruisers Fortress in Volcanus sometime, was hard crossing the islands with all those Minotaurs about, even harder to break in, and harder still to stay alive once we were in, well worth a try though. Cheers Vengence! :cheers:

My system is:
AMD 2000+
128MB DDR GeForce 4 MX 440
512 MB DDR Ram.
like Joxer said, game runs very smooth.
also agree with Larik, helps no end being lvl 50. but viable for lvl 40+ ( in a fair size group ).

One thing i will say and im sure most will agree, if your after the really cool stuff, be prepared to farm abit.
On the good side, all the farming will fill yer purse up.

New rating 8.5 out of 10 (due to the farming)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Shagrat said:
its worth getting just to go play on the island with all the chests on tbh:

ooh whats in this one, <right click>

AH RUN, MASSIVE SNAKES

DOH! I couldn't get them to open, aaaarrrghhh :twak:

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
York said:
also agree with Larik, helps no end being lvl 50. but viable for lvl 40+ ( in a fair size group ).

Hmm, so my new incredibly ugly half ogre won't even be able to play there for another 20 levels? :( Whats the lowest level xp area - anyone know?

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Shhy if you like pve get it, if you dont, then dont ;)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Good one mythic, why not just put guns to our heads and demand we hand over all our money

They already did, you call it buffbots and they call it paying twice for the game and are laughing all the way to the bank ;)

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Wheres the island with all the chests on can anyone give me the Loc or where it is..

Thx guys,

PS i think TOA is gr8 the gfx are superb only downside is im not a 24/7 player so doubt ill be able to get all the mls

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf ML2.10! Wasted about 5 hours of my life getting spiked up the arse and eaten by cobras, still to no avail. ML2.10 is the most ill conceived 'puzzle' I have ever seen, when one person (even if they are not in the BG) can kill everyone in the room simply by moving, or even lagging slightly.

I do like ToA but its soooo frustrating when you are completely powerless to other peoples stupidity.

Other than that, the GFX are nice, new SFX rock, time will tell how much it affects RvR. If you love PvE then you will adore this, some of the new landscapes/seascapes are awsome to look at, not the kind of place you can travel alone though.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
I do like ToA but its soooo frustrating when you are completely powerless to other peoples stupidity.
Welcome to my world...

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Master Level 2.10 Encounter Is A Total And Utter Stressful Bitch Hoe Of A Nightmare...

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>kill everyone in the room simply by moving, or even lagging slightly

I guess those that lagwarp a lot in rvr never will make it past this encounter :(

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
there is a small trick which can help every1 get in place . and if you just stand still the chance of lag ghost even with a bad is is rather small ....

i belive that encounter can be made in less then 20-25 min from buffing to kill ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom