So... this is it.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Last day in the office. Just signed my resignation so I can get at least a little extra cash out of this. Company will be shut down by the 1st of August... another software company going down.

Funny thing is, I don´t even feel too bad about it. Sure it´s a shame, because it was a great team I had the pleasure to work with, we had quite a number of successfull releases and my job was fun. 10 years of working with people means a lot of friendships and watching it all break up now kinda hurts.

However, the last couple of months were utter crap. Felt like being stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere, between confidence and fear. Rumours were popping up almost every day, false informations, blattant lies by our company leaders and lawers. Somehow it´s a good thing that it´s all over now.

Time to take a step back and make a couple of basic decisions before looking fo a new challenge.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
may your new path be free of chewing gum and pigeon poop!

in other words, all the best with your new life!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
awesome, that's quite a challenge you've set yourself! good luck! :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Good luck with the future Thorwyn. Although seeing as they are banning the Chinese from gold farming, now may be the time for a change of career?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Last day in the office. Just signed my resignation so I can get at least a little extra cash out of this. Company will be shut down by the 1st of August... another software company going down.

Funny thing is, I don´t even feel too bad about it. Sure it´s a shame, because it was a great team I had the pleasure to work with, we had quite a number of successfull releases and my job was fun. 10 years of working with people means a lot of friendships and watching it all break up now kinda hurts.

However, the last couple of months were utter crap. Felt like being stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere, between confidence and fear. Rumours were popping up almost every day, false informations, blattant lies by our company leaders and lawers. Somehow it´s a good thing that it´s all over now.

Time to take a step back and make a couple of basic decisions before looking fo a new challenge.

Unlucky mate. At least if you've been there 10 years you should have 6-12 weeks redundancy pay under statutory UK employment law (depends exactly when as they changed the payouts midway). Maybe more if your contract stipulates it?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
donno if you get redundancy if the employer goes down the pan ?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Unlucky mate. At least if you've been there 10 years you should have 6-12 weeks redundancy pay under statutory UK employment law (depends exactly when as they changed the payouts midway). Maybe more if your contract stipulates it?

It´s a game of poker. We had two options:
1. Sign our resignation and get a small bonus
2. Wait for them to lay us off, then claim a redundancy

Because the company is insolvent, option 2. means going through a lawsuit and since there are no financial assets left, I would have seen some cash in maybe 5-7 years. It´s a risk. Option 1. was safer and easier.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
May your next child be an immaculate one!

having a child without having the sex???? thats like getting the fat without getting the pies man!

I'll stick to the immaculate misconception tbh; sex with no ...hang on, if I say children here i'll sound a bit dodgy... um fear of becoming pregnant!

...hmm not quite as pithy as I'd hoped :(

/selfpwn

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
having a child without having the sex???? thats like getting the fat without getting the pies man!

Developing games *is* like having sex. :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Unlucky Thor mate - I hope things look up for you soon

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
then agian.. how would a game developer know for sure?

I played "The Sims", I know what I´m talking about.

Ha! Pwned!

;)

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Best of luck and I hope you find something you will enjoy again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom