PS4 So the verdict

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Bought one yesterday and I'm loving it, despite the obvious lack of games its pretty smooth :p the interface is great, the only pet hate i've found so far is the battery life of the control pad, it seems to run it so quickly.

Only played Second Son so far, its quite good for a first game I guess! got Killzone and Assassins Creed Black Flag to go through when i'm done with Second Son.

anyone else got one and if so whats your tag so I can add you to friends

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah it's a nice bit of kit, I am just not willing to drop £400 on one with the very limited software range, maybe in a year or so when its settled in a bit more. If they release the streaming service soon for PS1-3 games I will immediately buy one though.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye, I wanted to hold off longer (prob until Kingdom Hearts 3 etc was out) urge got too much in the end though, i'm weak :p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah it's a nice bit of kit, I am just not willing to drop £400 on one with the very limited software range, maybe in a year or so when its settled in a bit more. If they release the streaming service soon for PS1-3 games I will immediately buy one though.
This, waiting for PS4 Slim

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just finished Second Son, worth buying - pretty good game overall.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Am I correct in saying that I cant stream films from my PC to the PS4?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Am I correct in saying that I cant stream films from my PC to the PS4?
for the moment, dlna support is supposed to be on the way

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
@BloodOmen Was going to buy a PS4 for Watch Dogs.. Then they released the PC specs.

/NoPS4ForMe.

Still going to get it on the PS4, The Division however I'll be getting on PC over PS4 I reckon, if the multiplayer gets good reviews at least, has potential to be awesome.

Lethul

FH is my second home
What is the verdict on PS4 vs Xbox One?

I have none and don't plan to buy either but I am still interested :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The verdict was out when tech specs for both were released. Just one side of fanboys didn't want to believe it. :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think sales wise PS4 is also dominating Xbone 180, they did too much damage to themselves by trying to fleece the customer, even though they back peddled furiously later on.

Software availability is pretty much like for like I suppose with neither having many releases.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think sales wise PS4 is also dominating Xbone 180, they did too much damage to themselves by trying to fleece the customer, even though they back peddled furiously ater on.

Aye, had they not tried to force a fee to trade pre-owned games they would be in a better place. I will likely buy an Xbone as well eventually, not until they drop in price though, always nice having both consoles to tackle the whole exclusive side of things! happy with the PS4 for now, just needs more games.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
It's pretty much same old same old, they're both doing well at the moment. Fan boys on both sides should be ignored - they both have a strong enough base to continue to get games so no one really cares in the end ;). Various reports seem to have Xbox One @ 5 million and PS4 @ 7 million, I'm sure there's a million caveats to the numbers :)

This is the first generation where I'd say they've both released 1/2 baked consoles and will improve with patches, in ye olden days they released more complete consoles and added features much later in their lifecycles.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
It's pretty much same old same old, they're both doing well at the moment. Fan boys on both sides should be ignored - they both have a strong enough base to continue to get games so no one really cares in the end ;). Various reports seem to have Xbox One @ 5 million and PS4 @ 7 million, I'm sure there's a million caveats to the numbers :)

This is the first generation where I'd say they've both released 1/2 baked consoles and will improve with patches, in ye olden days they released more complete consoles and added features much later in their lifecycles.

MS have shipped. Sony have Sold.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have one and I am a bit annoyed honestly. It is great and Second Son was a great game. But it looks like despite owning The Last of Us and GTA5 on the PSN I will be forced to pay full price to get them again. Also the pricing on PSN is pathetic £55 for a Fifa game that I can get delivered from Amazon £18 cheaper. I would not mind if I could enter a code from the Fifa box and then play it without the disc but being forced to spend £18 extra just to download it is a load of bollocks.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I have one and I am a bit annoyed honestly. It is great and Second Son was a great game. But it looks like despite owning The Last of Us and GTA5 on the PSN I will be forced to pay full price to get them again. Also the pricing on PSN is pathetic £55 for a Fifa game that I can get delivered from Amazon £18 cheaper. I would not mind if I could enter a code from the Fifa box and then play it without the disc but being forced to spend £18 extra just to download it is a load of bollocks.

I've always had this problem with the PSN... the pricing of new games is fucking laughable. I only use it for the -often- crazy price reductions and the ps plus games. Got mass effect trilogy for next to nothing and a whole stack of quality games from the ps plus freebies.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Went round my mates again last night and played resogun again, fucks sake that game is addictive. Might buy a PS4 just for that.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm tempted to get one just for Second Son. I'm busy going throgh my PS3 collection finishing off the games I never got round to, and am currently on Infamous 2. Good lord I forgot how addictive these games are. As long as Second Son is more of the same with nicer graphics and new powers I am sold.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm tempted to get one just for Second Son. I'm busy going throgh my PS3 collection finishing off the games I never got round to, and am currently on Infamous 2. Good lord I forgot how addictive these games are. As long as Second Son is more of the same with nicer graphics and new powers I am sold.
Just ran through Festival of Blood myself, short but quite entertaining.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
As an aside I found a cracking Easter Egg in Infamous 2 - just before one of the earlier missions you get interrupted by a TV broadcast, if you go to the nearest TV Store in the game you see an outfit called "Red Ring Electronics" with something that looks very similar to a RROD as a logo, with a promise to get your electronics back in 12 weeks. Quite amusing I thought.....

soze

I am a FH squatter
My Watch Dogs pre order just started downloading. I like that. I dislike the £65 price tag to buy the cunty thing. I got the PSN credit off eBay for £28 (£35 codes) which made it about the same price as buying the disc from Amazon. I really do hope Amazon or someone is allowed to start selling PSN keys or that they let you add the Key to the PSN like Steam do.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Exclusives list from E3 - Sony won that one.

aQqW0NK_700b.jpg

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Crackdown... really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom