So the first day has nearly

FreddysHouse

The Boss
Staff member
passed since the forums were upgraded. What do you think? Any little tricks discovered yet?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmm... loads, suppose I should have been taking note of them. Kind of second nature to me since I was using the testforums for so long!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I like the alert system!

The new layout still feels a bit funny, but I like it nevertheless. On xtremesystems for example the admins choose a shite style/layout and for some reason it's bothering people so badly they hardly check it anymore. Personally I hade the feeling the posts are to far apart (up/down), so they dont "connect" as good as on the old forum. But I see that I'm getting used to it.

I'm sure that there will be more styles in the future and having worked with it a little I noticed it left a lot of things you can change. Which is good. I'm sure we'll encounter some bugs, etc, but take it a step at a time Deebs (admins). Cheers for the hard work. :drink:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ok, so a good one is the thread prefixes. Clicking on one shows you all the threads with that prefix as well.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have you tried clicking on the post anchor? Next to the Like button.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Recent Activity is another awesome feature btw. Not sure if we hade it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
We do have it. The ability to stalk, erm I mean "follow" makes it almost twitter / facebook like. It's very good. You know. For stalking.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Personally I hade the feeling the posts are to far apart (up/down), so they dont "connect" as good as on the old forum. But I see that I'm getting used to it.
That is something that I particularly dislike. The large space between posts.
I also don't like that I can't see the thread contents while previewing my posts.
I also don't like that the preview only takes up half the width of the page instead of being the actual width of the threads.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That is something that I particularly dislike. The large space between posts.
I also don't like that I can't see the thread contents while previewing my posts.
I also don't like that the preview only takes up half the width of the page instead of being the actual width of the threads.

1. I will look into this, it is simply some CSS styling which will need changing.
  2. Why would you want to? You have already composed your message and are nearly ready to post. At the moment this is as designed in XenForo.
  3. Again this is simple CSS styling, I like the fact that it is in a short width preview box.

rynnor

Rockhound
What happened to subscriptions/donation to Freddyshouse? It used to be under the members cp data - does it still exist somewhere else?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What happened to subscriptions/donation to Freddyshouse? It used to be under the members cp data - does it still exist somewhere else?
They are disabled at the moment.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
  1. I will look into this, it is simply some CSS styling which will need changing.
  2. Why would you want to? You have already composed your message and are nearly ready to post. At the moment this is as designed in XenForo.
  3. Again this is simple CSS styling, I like the fact that it is in a short width preview box.
2. I used it now and then, it's useful to be able to flick down and see something else in a thread, especially if you are replying to multiple points. It's not insurmountable - I mean, we can just duplicate the tab with the thread we're replying to and then reply in the other tab I guess.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is there a way of dismissing the notifications at the top?

I know I don't have an avatar FreddysHouse, I'm fine with that thanks. :)

"No facebook, I don't want to try the friend finder"

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is there a way of dismissing the notifications at the top?

I know I don't have an avatar FreddysHouse, I'm fine with that thanks. :)

"No facebook, I don't want to try the friend finder"
Hover over the notice and you should see an "X" to th right to dismiss the notice.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
except of the tiny posts per page its very good!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No, default was 30 on Vb I believe, you may have had yours set to 40? Setting it above 30 makes it harder to browse from mobiles.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
ah, yes i did have it set to max

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Is the theme choice set by login or cookie? I logged on at work this morning and the theme had changed to green (from the default xenforo). I have it set to green at home. May just be some little bug at work (our proxie is fucking weird) but I just thought I'd check.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is the theme choice set by login or cookie? I logged on at work this morning and the theme had changed to green (from the default xenforo). I have it set to green at home. May just be some little bug at work (our proxie is fucking weird) but I just thought I'd check.
It's set by login.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am not sure, it could be by login. Will check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom