So Step By Step....

R

reverend_damage

What do I have to do to play SOF onine? I have the patch that I got form here (lite) and I still do not know where to start from.
So where do I have to go, what do I have to click, and then how do I start playing.
Thanks

T

throdgrain

If its a fresh install ,I imagine you need the full patch,rather than the lite one, as I said earlier.
Anyway, in its simplest form,
1. Download Barrylogin install, enter your subscription details and it logs on.
2. Start up your SoF2 game, go to multiplayer and refresh the servers. It tells you how to do this quite clearly.
3.Look for servers called GAME.NET . Highlight the server. Click on Join game.
Hey presto :)
If you havent subscribed, and need to know how to do that, Id suggest you have a look at the top of the news page for every peice of imformation you could need, then go back to the steps I have already outlined :)
Im a Hafl Life admin to be honest, its a shame there doesnt appear to be anyone here representing SoF2, but maybe some one will come along later.
Good Luck !

R

reverend_damage

So to play online, you have to subscribe, or PAY right? I just want to make sure what I have to do.
Thanks

T

throdgrain

Not necessarily no. Theres hundreds of free servers out there to be honest, including the GAME.NET one I detailed earlier. You should be able to see them in your multiplayer browser in SoF2. You wont be able to join any of them if your game is not patched correctly though !
The GAME.NET servers are of a much higher quality than most however, and are worth the price of a subscription. If only to stop getting kicked of the GAME.NET Preview server :)
Try it first, join the preview server, see how it plays, then you'll be ina better position to make a judgement on subscribing to GAME.NET.

C

CAC

it might be an idea to ensure punkbuster is enabled also if you havent allready

and sorry for the late reply:mad:

R

reverend_damage

OK, to everyone that was going to help me out. Thanks. I figured out the problem, there was a tie up with my antivirus software, and a problem in the Cable lines.
Thanks anyway though.
Derek

S

silverthorn

ONe no doubt assumes we shall see you online kicking some booooootttteeeee soon then :D

R

reverend_damage

Not quiet man. I SUCK ALOT.

Thanks though
and look for the reverend

Users who are viewing this thread