So Russias new Satan missile?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Can carry up to 12 Nuclear warheads and can bypass any missile defence any nation including American currently has. The payload can destroy an area the size of Texas.

Thoughts?... Comrade

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Idiot money that could have been spent making people's life better.

It'll spark more aggressive wasteful weapons development globally.

They've also already got a 'deterrent'.

Embattle

FH is my second home
If they aren't careful they'll utterly bankrupt themselves trying to beat America, for the second time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If they aren't careful they'll utterly bankrupt themselves trying to beat America, for the second time.
The ruling class gives zero shits. It wouldn't hurt them a bit.

A bit like ours tbh.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I was thinking would a major war with millions of deaths even be possible as anymore without governments being over thrown?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The ruling class gives zero shits. It wouldn't hurt them a bit.

A bit like ours tbh.

Problem is arms sales are a key Russian export and they can no longer afford to keep up with the Americans. They've already got a problem with their next-gen fighter, which basically means they can't produce it unless India bankrolls it, and their new Arma tank, which on paper is a generation ahead of anything, is also strapped for cash. So yes, the ruling class has a big problem, and Russia (which, lest we forget, has a smaller GDP than Italy) is spending itself into the ground, which makes spending on something like this nuke absolutely baffling, but, the Russians also genuinely believe that NATO at their borders and American ABM platforms are an existential threat, which leads to this kind of irrational thinking. Of course the real threat isn't the west (who couldn't hold Russia even if they wanted to) its China.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the ruling class has a big problem.
I sort of agree, but it doesn't really matter, Russia's uninvadeable already, has been for a long long time.

If it did go all tits up then they'd just walk with all their cash. Horrid problem to have, right? First-world ruling-elite-type problems :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I was thinking would a major war with millions of deaths even be possible as anymore without governments being over thrown?

Yes, possible.

But not going to happen because of MAD.

This is just a bit of dick swinging, new car on the driveway kind of thing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yup, MAD is a beautiful yet scary thing... basically makes nuking someone impossible.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yup, MAD is a beautiful yet scary thing... basically makes nuking someone impossible.
No it fucking doesn't. It just ensures there's really severe consequences for people who may not have agreed with whatever deranged mad bastard human finally decides that it won't actually be that bad to start using nuclear weapons.

And considering we're a people of utterly mad bastards it's entirely likely to happen sooner or later.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Putin and cronies couldn't give a shit about the official Russian economy. Putin is already worth more than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet combined. He just needs to hang onto power to enjoy it.

The official economy only gets its taste of money after the bosses have taken their cut. As Gary Kasparov notes, you can learn more about how the Russian state works by reading Mario Puzo than by studying Economics or Politics.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
No, hell of a deterrent though you have to admit.. who would dare attack russia knowing they have that?
Why would anyone attack Russia? It is a complete shithole. It'd cause a world war and millions of lost lives

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The days of throwing large amounts of people at large amounts of people is long gone. The current global war is economical.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its a direct response to EU talk of expansion and armies...oh by the way we have this big bomb and half your nuke deterrent just lost interest in you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't worry too much what the EU thinks, a moribund, toothless organisation.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Its a direct response to EU talk of expansion and armies...oh by the way we have this big bomb and half your nuke deterrent just lost interest in you.

God you don't have a clue.

NATO have already put hundreds of thousands of soldiers on the Russian border.

Why would they get upset about the EU discussing the formation of army?

Job

They are there because the EU have increased tensions in the area.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
How have the EU been stoking tensions? Offering trade deals to russias neighbours?

Job

Maybe you should research EU - Russian relations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom