So no billing functionality yet? Good!

Llendil

Loyal Freddie
Anyone noticed that the billing and payments system has yet to be implemented properly?

I had an email from GOA saying it would be along shortly, but given this is supposed to be a cash-cow, it's already missed out on a shock-load of possible sign-ups when people first registered the game at launch - that was GOA's best hope of getting payment sign-ups without relying on people coming back to the Account Management pages after spending some time in the game to decide.

To not having billing in place at the time of launch would be a shareholders worst nightmare! Keep playing for free folks! :)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
tbh, rather have no billing up, then an unsafe one.

And this perhaps shows that they have other issues to fix first, lag perhaps?

First invest, then collect. Servers not ok (lag this case?¿?)

people wont pay for broken servers.
So seems logical that GOA puts time and effort in those stuffs :p

(lag was just an example, maybe they working on a take-away chineese in altdorf who knows:p)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Yes, I've noticed it and complained about it - even via the Webform, where I got some reply that it'll be up "some point" before my current period expires.

The simple fact that GOA have not YET a fully working account center really puts into perspective all the bull-excrement we were fed about the account center prior to the Open Beta.

The fact that we don't have a realm war yet, despite the game supposedly being a carbon-copy of the US, with a working realm war speaks volumes about the competence of GOA.

The fact that we do not get informed about many of the hot-fixes implemented on the US servers is silly. I made a complaint about this to GOA and got the reply that "they don't inform about every hotfix" .... ????

And this is not mentioning the problems with lag on specific servers, and all the other things.

And now we get all but the silence treatment from GOA and Mythic about our situations. All the lofty promises and statements we received before live looks like nothing but hot air, now they've got the first part of our money.

This *is* DAOC part 2 when it comes to customer service and the competence level of GOA, and I'm finding it really hard justifying actually giving money to this sorry excuse for a company.
Unfortunately the game is good, and all I know play on the EU servers - so going to the US is not much of a possibility for me right now, plus why would I give money to Mythic when they do not care either?
So I'm down to not subscribing when my free time runs out or paying for this lousy customer service. But seeing as the account center is incomplete, GOA seems to have made the choice for us......

Damn, I do not understand why GOA have got this carte blanché to screw us over like this one more time.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Given GOAs history, I am rather happy that they seem to be cautious about their billing system. They surely are very aware about the number of short-term subs they are missing right now, nevertheless they seem to be setting up the thing properly. I am giving them credit for that.

Before the nay-sayers come here shouting "But thats the way it has to be done! Why are you praising them for doing stuff the way it needs to be done?", I know where you are coming from. However if you take a moment and ponder on the amount of MMORPGs and their respective publishers that do things with their customers in mind instead of their shareholders/board directors, you might understand what I mean.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I agree with Dee, I struggled to keep up with this one, can someone help me out...

We're complaining because they're not forcing us to give them creditcard details yet?

If only more companies were this 'evil'

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
I struggled to keep up with this one, can someone help me out...

We're complaining because they're not forcing us to give them creditcard details yet?

im actually wondering now if they might wanne implent a take-away chineese in altdorf..

xD

aika

Can't get enough of FH
that will create an unneccesary load on the billing system though, unless they release it very soon. Cause if they release it near the end of the free month - everyone will rush to subscribe - and load and errors might happen =\

Soazak

Part of the furniture
that will create an unneccesary load on the billing system though, unless they release it very soon. Cause if they release it near the end of the free month - everyone will rush to subscribe - and load and errors might happen =\

Resulting in them giving us more free time, the bastards!

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I agree with Dee, I struggled to keep up with this one, can someone help me out...

Ahh yes - better to see no evil, hear no evil and get billed by a company who can't make a huge deadline or even a week later have something such as a billing system. Not like they 2 years ago didn't know they'd need one now.

Resulting in them giving us more free time, the bastards!

And what on earth makes you think you can play on without the billing system implemented? Could be your account will just be suspended cause it hasn't been paid until you can actually can pay.

Llendil

Loyal Freddie
Hey, I'm not knocking it, just amazed it's not been implemented yet, bugged or not, shareholders would be wetting themselves about the fact there was no facility for any money to be taken monthly yet.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I think this is an issue which they can't do much about anyway?

They can't take payment or card details until the first time you use your credit card to start the subscription. Even if the system was ready today, I doubt it would allow you to either do a one off payment or start a WAR subscription until your account is closed.

Llendil

Loyal Freddie
I think this is an issue which they can't do much about anyway?

They can't take payment or card details until the first time you use your credit card to start the subscription. Even if the system was ready today, I doubt it would allow you to either do a one off payment or start a WAR subscription until your account is closed.

Every MMORPG/MMOG I've played has asked for billing information on first registration, at the point I create my account or input the key - from a Marketing / Selling perspective, this is vital to get even one payment from a customer who may be on the fence about whether to subscribe or not, irrespective of the 'free month' - technically, it's not free, you've just bought the sodding game for 35 quid or 70 quid!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
And what on earth makes you think you can play on without the billing system implemented? Could be your account will just be suspended cause it hasn't been paid until you can actually can pay.
Well if billing is not up before our "free" time is up what do you think will happen if they suspend all accounts? Think they would earn more by giving us more time until they put payment servers up.

But who knows, time will tell.

Soazak

Part of the furniture

Track record perhaps?

Everytime there is the smallest of problems GOA are known for throwing around an extra 7 days free here and there, we've already been given one, and that was just for beta being delayed...a beta being bugged, who'd have thought? yet they shelled out.

Do you honestly think if their billing service wasnt up and working by 25th oct they would just suspend everyones account at the drop of a hat?

"Sorry guys the billing system isn't working, would you all be ok going to play wow for a few weeks while we try fix it?"

Seriously, dispite your lack of faith in them, not even GOA would try that.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Every MMORPG/MMOG I've played has asked for billing information on first registration, at the point I create my account or input the key - from a Marketing / Selling perspective, this is vital to get even one payment from a customer who may be on the fence about whether to subscribe or not, irrespective of the 'free month' - technically, it's not free, you've just bought the sodding game for 35 quid or 70 quid!

If they're using a similar process to the DAoC subscriptions then they'll send you to a 3rd party site to enter your credit card details in. They can't really do this unless they take payment from you at the same time.

I know the process of taking credit card details when people sign up is usually superior, but something tells me GOA won't be dealing with the payment details themselves.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
/snip

The simple fact that GOA have not YET a fully working account center really puts into perspective all the bull-excrement we were fed about the account center prior to the Open Beta.

No need to be coy...its BULLSHIT...SHIT I SAY!

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
This prolly all stems from the great flash site they had made (oh no wait...) the payment systems probably arent compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom