So...just saw Planet Terror.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
For those who don't know: IMDB aaaand... Trailer("spoilers"), with deathproof trailer too.

Abso-f*cking-lutely brilliant.

One of the best movies i've seen, especially since it's "bad" picture quality(mimicing old one, good quality still) and has those b-movie style over the top action and plotholes galore.

See it, see it, see it. Now!

And this from a guy who usually dislikes anything related to Quentin Tamarillo :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
uuh, that sounds to me like they are trying to hide the fact that its not that good by making it look like a b-movie.

ppl generally lowers their expectations when they see stuff that isn't made to look the best it could be. so they can get away with quite abit that would otherwise have gotten noted down.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually it would be rather good as is, but, it's a REALLY good fake old movie.

As a real movie it would probably suck donkey balls with a blender, but as it is, it just works, is great and as a zombie flic...well...it's just good. I was a bit "iffy" too, but when i saw it, it just was.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
*covers eyes* till its out in the UK

A bugger it has been posponed till september or something here.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
cough *torrents* cough

Usually this would be the way for "not so great cinema movies"...but in this case, it feels like you're actually in the old'er times in a way, so the experience is enhanced.

And if you can, get a closer then needed seats in the theatre. Even better :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I refuse to go and watch it, on the grounds that it should be a 3h film. Sorry, but because the US got fucked on a 3h movie, Europe needs to get fucked too? Sorry, I wanted to see Grindhouse. Not 2 parts.

But yes, I intend to get this the day of release on DvD. As a full movie.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its all about $$$$
Why do you think Kill Bill was marketed and distributed in two parts ?

Overdriven

Its all about $$$$
Why do you think Kill Bill was marketed and distributed in two parts ?

Because Kill Bill 2 would give too much away if it was after Kill Bill 1 in the cinemas. :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
But they could easily do it in one movie. Cut 15 mins of the boring David Caradine speech out at the end of the 2nd film for starters. Geez that guy's character is BORING

Overdriven

But they could easily do it in one movie. Cut 15 mins of the boring David Caradine speech out at the end of the 2nd film for starters. Geez that guy's character is BORING

WTF?! That was one of the best parts of KB2. The whole 40 min ending was one of the sole reasons I actually ended up owning both on DvD.

I wouldn't of said no having them right after each other, but it's fine.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
WTF?! That was one of the best parts of KB2. The whole 40 min ending was one of the sole reasons I actually ended up owning both on DvD.

I wouldn't of said no having them right after each other, but it's fine.

Spot on, the guy is a legend. Cut that out, wtf indeed.

Personally I'll be waiting for the cinema release aint watching some shoddy torrent for a film I'd pay to see.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ah well each to their own. It bored me senseless. In fact the entire 2nd film was cack. KB I fight scene was awesome with the Deadly 88 (or whatever they were called). KB II sucked donkey testicles. Sorry.

Overdriven

Personally I'll be waiting for the cinema release aint watching some shoddy torrent for a film I'd pay to see.

Thank you, exactly the same reason why I'm not downloading it. :)

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Ah well each to their own. It bored me senseless. In fact the entire 2nd film was cack. KB I fight scene was awesome with the Deadly 88 (or whatever they were called). KB II sucked donkey testicles. Sorry.

I love Tarantino for the dialogue and conversations. KB II had all the story, KB I was the visual treat.

If I want mindless action, we got Die Hard etc to satisfy that :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Fair enough. Your die hards and lethal weapons do have their place sure. And Tarantino is a genius (even though he's wierd in real life LOL). But...I still think Tarantino's finest hour was Pulp Fiction. Not saying all his other movies were cack, but Pulp was the first and the original.

Everz

FH is my second home

well said lamp.. ive yet to give a crap about killbill vol2 ;/

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not sure about Grindhouse.

Kill Bill 1 & 2 - loved both. David Caradine explaining what makes Superman different from all other superheroes is just ace.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Weird that it's not out in the UK yet...

Yesterday was the first showing, and Deathproof has been on for atleast a month now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom