So it's nearly here then :D

R

Rigon-Noir-

Just checked Gameplay and it says Shadowbane is out on the 25th of July. Not really followed it's progress much since being accepted for beta, downloading the software and finding as i enter my account details the euro servers are pulled (probably 1 minute before knowing my luck :D).

Anyway, the premise of Shadowbane still greatly appeals to me and looked to be the game to pull me away from DAOC after nearly 18 months in Prydwen so i logged onto to the Shadowbane website and had a look at any new screenies/movies they had there.

I've got to ask, if anyone reading these boards is playing the US version, does it look as poor as the screenshots and movies would suggest? It actually looks a little like the original DAOC only not as detailed. Bearing in mind we've since had the fantastic SI update, and with SWG looking fine and Everquest2 on the horizon it seems to be looking very very dated.

Don't get me wrong, as an old (very old some would say) gamer myself i know graphics have nothing to do with gameplay but in a game like Shadowbane (and all the others like it) they add a great deal to the depth and realism of the world created.

A minor moan is regarding the race unlocking system, i know the official website still maintains the 3 time locked races but is this still going to be the case with the Euro version, just seems like such a stupid idea and at the end of the day, if you've paid your money for the game, you should be entitled to what it has to offer. got to be the cheesiest way i've ever seen to retain some loyal subscribers, by force :D

Ok, moan over, i'll still be purchasing Shadowbane and hopefully it will kook me like DAOC did, if not, well my DAOC accounts wont expire for a while so i will have another option.

Tidus Morgahana GM (1 of 5) White Rose Midgard Prydwen

A

Ardrias_Mid

I played a bit of beta, it sucked badly :)

GFX engine so poor it could make stones cry. But hey, each to their own and that shit ~~

O

old.Adrira

Graphics doesn't fall in my taste at all :p
But if you dont mind that, and servers being down for days in row, then go ahead. What the US servers is like atleast. ;)

O

old.Adrira

Anyhow, its a matter of opinion and we could be lucky and get some good european servers, however the game itself seems unappalling to me aswell. Might get better underways though, always alot of flaws from start :p

Oh and hi Ard :) Long time no see, haven't been playing for a looong while, now im abit on forums now and then though. ;)

Still got that staff you made for me once :D

T

Turamber

I've been playing US Shadowbane since day one of retail. It's been a bumpy road but the game seems to have quietened down somewhat now.

People can actually log in and play these days, and the number of in game errors that threw you back to the desktop have been vastly reduced. Even the awful awful lag has reduced, however that's probably not so much to do with patches to the game as the plummeting numbers of players in the US.

Basically - there isn't enough to do in the game. It's possible to play 2-3 months and have done it all, seen it all. On the Dread server where I play the alliance I'm a part of has defeated all of it's enemies and is now untouchable.

Once a guild or an alliance is in pole position it's virtually impossible for a new guild to take it on. Developing towns and cities with trainers costs *far* too much and the ranking up time stinks too.

More and more characters that have reached high 50's - 60's are leaving their guilds. They don't need trainers anymore and that, really, is the only benefit of being guilded. They then either join griefer guilds or stay errant and kill lowbies and rookies while they're logged on.

Some of them hang around the safeholds preying on the low levels - others hang out at ToL's waiting to gank people as they log into the game.

Because, as I've said above, there really isn't anything else to do.

No dungeons, no crafting, very very limited monsters to kill, and the maps are just the same areas repeated ad-infinitum.

There is probably a good game in Shadowbane waiting to come out but, sadly, once the thrill of those first 2-3 months and the joy of rolling/rerolling your toons has gone ... :sleeping:

S

Slug

The graphics are truely dire........................

Wait for dragon empires my friends....

Users who are viewing this thread