So I resubbed...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I can find scenarios operating just fine on K8P with my low level characters but my level 34 Warrior Priest on Burlock can't join scenarios, the option doesn't even activate for him - the button is non responsive.

Is this a new feature, or am I missing something? In all honesty I was utterly underwhelmed by tier 4 the first time so I may have missed some vital instruction such as scenarios only run every third Friday in months that begin with an 'M'. or some such.

Thanks in anticipation.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Sometimes I get a bug where I can't join scenarios until I zone or re-log but I dunno maybe there's also a special cool feature on burlok too; I haven't played there.
T4 scenarios generally aren't great imo anyway.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Erm, it might sound really stupid, but your not in Altdorf are you?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Erm, it might sound really stupid, but your not in Altdorf are you?

Nope. Logged on in Dragonwake and recalled to the Empire tier 4 zones. Asked on chat for details of where the action was but the server is dead as can be.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Nope. Logged on in Dragonwake and recalled to the Empire tier 4 zones. Asked on chat for details of where the action was but the server is dead as can be.

I heard that server was dead, never a scenario pop even if you do have the option.

Maybe a addon ui issue idk.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I can find scenarios operating just fine on K8P with my low level characters but my level 34 Warrior Priest on Burlock can't join scenarios, the option doesn't even activate for him - the button is non responsive.

Is this a new feature, or am I missing something? In all honesty I was utterly underwhelmed by tier 4 the first time so I may have missed some vital instruction such as scenarios only run every third Friday in months that begin with an 'M'. or some such.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ain't that simply Destro locked 2 zones + Forts and are siegeing Altdorf? Cause in that case the Scenarios are unavailable :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Cause in that case the Scenarios are unavailable :p

Didn't know this. I find tier 4 very strange ... plus I'm the only person from my guild still playing, so out of the loop completely.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
were you not asked to transfer your character on logging in?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
No, why -- are they closing the only roleplay server?

I wouldn't have thought so, didn't know Burlok was an RP server :)

Well, maybe its down to low population then. Scenario pops can get very far apart on lower pop servers I hear. (like, one a day)

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Yea Burlok sure is a empty place atm , i DO have the option to que for scenarios tho , but the que timer can be up to many many hours . So i realy hope there comes a chanse to transfer to a more populated server , i dont care if its a none RP server . I just want some action again :(

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I would have thought a game with over 25 years of lore content being written for it and many large communities of table-top role players would have no trouble attracting players who like to role-play...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Thing is ... even roleplayers get annoyed with bugs, zerg warfare and lack of content.

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber, the guild merged with another - Rajatapaukset - and I'm sure you'd be welcome there, I didn't log on for a while so am not in it while I alt a littke on Destro Karak-Azgal :)

Burlok is a lot quieter than other servers I've peeked into, and I think for the moment I'm enjoying earlyer tiers a lot more than later ones

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
There was a poll on each of the english/german/french roleplay server boards (on the official forum)

options were (I'm paraphrasing):
1. Prefer to have the french/german RPers move to burlok
2. Prefer to have the option to move to another same language non-RP server
3. Everything's fine, thanks.

The majority seem to have voted for 2 (so, all three RP servers would have transfers off of them) - was a fair vote for 1 on the english vote but still less than wanted transfers to other english servers. The german/french RP folks didn't seem to like the idea of moving to an english server.

Now it's just a poll on a forum, albeit an official one, but I'd put my money on transfer from Burlok -> other english servers reasonably soon.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I think that is probably the best option as RPers can still RP on non-RP servers.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think that is probably the best option as RPers can still RP on non-RP servers.

aye :)

*pimps his Troubadour mod*

Hmm, wonder if there's an rpfilter ala daoc in WAR already... quite happy to mod it up if not.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ain't that simply Destro locked 2 zones + Forts and are siegeing Altdorf? Cause in that case the Scenarios are unavailable :p

well no, not quite. there will still be a T4 scenario open thats inside altdorf called altdorf war quarters or something. same with IC sieges, then theres a scenario inside there to. you can access them even if your not actually in the instances.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
well no, not quite. there will still be a T4 scenario open thats inside altdorf called altdorf war quarters or something. same with IC sieges, then theres a scenario inside there to. you can access them even if your not actually in the instances.

He meant ofc normal scenarios and the instanced ones, since 1.2.1, are reserved to lower levels also dude.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I know its not quite Warhammer but consider: Back in WoW for 4 years Ancient Shadows ran as a roleplay guild on a PvP server (actually, the only roleplay guild on that server). Even when they introduced RP PvP servers we weren't interested. Hardcore roleplayers tend to be quite highly strung and we rather liked killing other players ;)

Admittedly, we ran it casual-style and this would not be suitable to some players that like a fully immersive experience, but then, I wouldn't really describe WAR as fully immersive anyway. It has many good aspects, but immersion is not one of them because the virtual world lacks depth for anything other than RvR.

Short version - it can be done.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
He meant ofc normal scenarios and the instanced ones, since 1.2.1, are reserved to lower levels also dude.

doesent change the fact that theres still scenarios available, even if its only 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom