So I got a Sony Xperia Z

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Got an awesome deal on my upgrade so got myself a Xperia Z for £22 a month.

But wait, what's this, a dead pixel or two....hmmmm.

Taking it back to the shop tommrow, I may have to live with it, its not an issue, I only really see them on a white screen quite close to my face. I just sets off my OCD.

Lots of posts online about dead/stuck/bright pixels on the Z, also some concerns about build quality, still fantastic device that aside.
Still, annoying.

I guess with a 1920x1080 screen your kinda increasing the chances of dead/stuck pixels.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Christ on a bike, don't let Bodhi see this thread.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sonys generally have poor build quality, they look good out of the box but things start to go south fairly quickly. I hope you aren't stuck with it for two years!

Dead pixels in this day and age are unacceptable, you wouldn't buy a new car with chipped bonnet!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Feel free to ignore raven, he is talking bollocks. Every manufacturer has their issues, however Sony seem less affected than most (Samsung S3s with their random death and fragile screens, dodgy initial HTC Ones, iPhone home buttons wear out etc etc). My current work phone is an 18 month old Xperia S, it's a bit bashed as I don't use a case, but it's actually working better than when I bought it thanks to software updates.

I would just take it back and get a new Z, I've had.mine 6 months and it's been immense. Battery screen and camera are all top notch, the Walkman is probably the best media player out there at the mo, and software updates are prompt and always add new features. Plus it.never gets dull dunking it in a pint of lager and watching people panic :)

Only negative I've found.is the back heats up quite a lot when gaming like the nexus 4, which uses the same chipset, but it's.never too hot to touch and.doesn't seem to affect performance.

Only thing I'll change it for is a Z1.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
All sorted, got myself one with a flawless screen, checked in the shop beforehand to be sure :p

Dam this is a smexy device.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Oh wait, there is a hot/stuck pixel this time round, white, did not see it in the shop.

Fucks sake, I think I am going to have to invoke my cooling off period and cancel the whole thing, or at least switch out the phone, this is not acceptable.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Dead pixels are a risk with screens. That also aren't usually considered fault. Good luck trying to get it sorted though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Cancel it and go with the HTC 1 or Galaxy S4!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Got one myself, about 5-6 months ago. Nice phone. Camera takes a while to load, but that's expected.

Bodhi

Raven said:
Cancel it and go with the HTC 1 or Galaxy S4!

Neither are hardly top end phones any more now the Z1 and LG G2 have been announced, although the One remains a nice phone, shame about the garbage camera. The S4 is a toy though, rubbish plastic construction, Touchwiz is still flavoured of camembert and the extra features like SMart Stay are pointless gimmicks. You'd have to be pretty retarded to go for one over the HTC or Sony.

Oh wait....

Overdriven

Any major differences between the Z and the Z1? (You know I could google Bodhi, but I think you'd provide a better service)

Bodhi

Overdriven said:
Got one myself, about 5-6 months ago. Nice phone. Camera takes a while to load, but that's expected.

Aye I noticed that, seems to have sped up massively since the 4.2.2 update. It's also only on first startup, if you suspend the camera rather than closing it you can switch to it instantly after that.

Bodhi

Overdriven said:
Any major differences between the Z and the Z1? (You know I could google Bodhi, but I think you'd provide a better service)

I'll take that as a compliment :)

Upgrades for the Z1 include :

20 MP camera with lens and image processing software from one.
of their point and shoots
Improved screen with Triluminos tech from the top end Bravias
Snapdragon 800 chipset (fastest Qualcomm do presently)
Fully waterproof rather than water resistant
Beefier battery
Slightly thicker but not much
Almunium frame

Basically a bit of a beast. I think I have early upgrades on my.contract through Orange, so am mighty tempted, as much as I love the Z. Yes I know I'm as bad as an Apple fanboy when they release New shiny, can't say I'm too bothered either. I do consider other brands occasionally - I have an LG tv and everything!

Overdriven

Oooh nice. That sounds good. Bound for another year on my phone though - So a long time till I upgrade. Will be nice to see what's around next year, hopefully Sony will just keep delivering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom