So...how to export mail addresses from an online mail service?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well the title really says it all.

Need an easier then "Click->copy->paste" way to get all my mail addresses from my old webmail to a nice lil usb drive for safekeeping.

Any ideas?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Send an email to all yor friends including the mail you wanna use, then you can probably extract the names from there somehow.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Send an email to all yor friends including the mail you wanna use, then you can probably extract the names from there somehow.

Ah yes, but that wouldn't be exactly easier.

+ i don't know my future(possible) email yet and i have to cancel this one(it's connected to my isp) before i get the new one.

Hensh the problem.

I guess the only solution IS to just copy them from my inbox :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
create a temp. mail first then and mail it there saying it will be temp mail!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes yes, i get the idea behind that and it's a working one at that, but i'd like to get the mail adresses for safekeeping on my computer/usb.

That's the general problem i'm having, not the discontinuation of communication between mail recipients :)

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think there is an easy way to extract your online address book other than by copy and pasting because you won't have direct access to the file that holds the information. If you used an email client on your pc then it would be easy.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Ah yes, but that wouldn't be exactly easier.

+ i don't know my future(possible) email yet and i have to cancel this one(it's connected to my isp) before i get the new one.

Hensh the problem.

I guess the only solution IS to just copy them from my inbox :(

Well at least i think my gmail can save all the adresses that the mail have been sent to as contacts, not sure tho. Your mail program might have a similar feature

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom