So how is Prydwen looking?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Mm no way limors/temair has the same frission as the uk cluster 2 or 3 or more years back. Limors fg zone largely dead now as well which is a great shame. Limors on the whole is just a zerg fest but for me doesnt capture any of the mood you'd have on the old relic raids of yore. There appear to be the same set of battlegroup leaders day in day out that just reduce the whole server to lowest common denominator play. Maybe temair is better.

And what do you consider sad - that people are saying that its fun, or that people are having fun?

Temair is very alive and kicking :F

Septina

Part of the furniture

He's right tho. :) Teamir is what Dyvet was in it's prime, still very high action and loads of groups in the fg zone fighting for fun and not adding everything down for rps. :)

So how is Prydwen looking?
deadland-762904.jpg

Heesin

Fledgling Freddie
Admit it

I used to like DAOC Pryd, absolutely great bunch of people. But that was years ago and I guess you need to remember why you leave these things behind. I've been tempted to take a stroll around the land once more but I think it just wouldn't be the same.

Surprised I could find the freddy password too!

Oh, and DAOC was better than WOW imho.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
He's right tho. :) Teamir is what Dyvet was in it's prime, still very high action and loads of groups in the fg zone fighting for fun and not adding everything down for rps. :)

deadland-762904.jpg

Sounds good, but heard this before. Seems we always move just as the full group scene is dieing on a server. Not sure people always give an honest appraisal of how healthy the fg zones are because of a bit of self interest.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
I would re sub for a month if I had a bot, to bad I don't. :(

I wanna play lol.

Agrivia

Loyal Freddie
The server is in a sorry state with 80 to 100 primetime .....

I read this and almost spat my coffee all over my keyboard. 80 - 100 primetime? Are we talking about the Prydwen of the Excalibur/Prydwen cluster aka Dyvet?

The last time I saw more than a combined pop of more than 40 was months and months ago. More often than not we are struggling to reach double figures. There has been many a night when I've logged on and there have been only 3 people on all night - and those were all me!! (well, me, my man, and our bb)

It's a sad and sorry thing to see :-(

Septina

Part of the furniture
Sounds good, but heard this before. Seems we always move just as the full group scene is dieing on a server. Not sure people always give an honest appraisal of how healthy the fg zones are because of a bit of self interest.

Well, we first rolled hib on Teamir, ran groups up to rr7 - 8 but then decided that the action for hib wasnt as good as it could be so we then rerolled mid and are now closing in on rr7 and the action is just fantastic for mid atleast. :)
Really good rvr but gets quite annoying at times cause of certain groups abuse every bug available to the to win. :( (hi running necro in group just to abuse the dot that interrupts every tick or hi running 1 - 2 minstrels that abuse charm/release of pet every time they're mezzed, rooted to get free) :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Hesitate to make posts which let goa off the hook for the state of dyvet, but there's some positive points about the state of the server atm.

It varies, but in general it's a fair bit busier that it was during some of the lowest point last year, when it was totally dead - absolutely nada happening.

Bps and active guilds to claim are in short supply, so nearly all towers/keeps are unclaimed nowadays. It's very easy to log on, even solo, start lighting up the realm map and generating some action. No proper grps running, so they don't fuck up casual action. Main prob with it, it's it's too much of the same peeps on all the time. It's like HW in old frontiers, way I see it. HW as a server.

Not like the high pop servers don't have their boring elements, if not in a grp, u stick on to a slideshow zerg, or get zerged by archers etc. Passive and boring. More fun on dyvet making ur own action.

Well, we first rolled hib on Teamir, ran groups up to rr7 - 8 but then decided that the action for hib wasnt as good as it could be so we then rerolled mid and are now closing in on rr7 and the action is just fantastic for mid atleast. :)
Really good rvr but gets quite annoying at times cause of certain groups abuse every bug available to the to win. :( (hi running necro in group just to abuse the dot that interrupts every tick or hi running 1 - 2 minstrels that abuse charm/release of pet every time they're mezzed, rooted to get free) :(

Thats hardly bugg abuse though =)...

Bugg abuse was Nolby Pride @ Lamorak some years ago when all 8 of them were flying in the sky on inc :p..

Necro dots been like this all the time and minstrels always released charmed pets to break cc on themselves :eek:.. just common sense howeevr annoying it might be facing it.

Hesitate to make posts which let goa off the hook for the state of dyvet, but there's some positive points about the state of the server atm.

It varies, but in general it's a fair bit busier that it was during some of the lowest point last year, when it was totally dead - absolutely nada happening.

Bps and active guilds to claim are in short supply, so nearly all towers/keeps are unclaimed nowadays. It's very easy to log on, even solo, start lighting up the realm map and generating some action. No proper grps running, so they don't fuck up casual action. Main prob with it, it's it's too much of the same peeps on all the time. It's like HW in old frontiers, way I see it. HW as a server.

Not like the high pop servers don't have their boring elements, if not in a grp, u stick on to a slideshow zerg, or get zerged by archers etc. Passive and boring. More fun on dyvet making ur own action.

Got a point there Mael, for sure.

I just wish they would put in OF on dyvet again just to see what happend, like some sort of an experiment, I mean I think that would generate some population and GoA wouldn't have to be so ashamed ( wich they SHOULD BE ) that an entire english cluster is dead and unplayable ( as the game was intended, alas what you read on the box ).

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Surely by now it is clear that the type of rvr avaliable is primarily determined by the number of people on the server. Temair has slightly more people than Limors prime time so there might be slightly more groups looking for fg fights but if you can't find what you enjoy on Limors do you really think Temair will be completely different?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Surely by now it is clear that the type of rvr avaliable is primarily determined by the number of people on the server. Temair has slightly more people than Limors prime time so there might be slightly more groups looking for fg fights but if you can't find what you enjoy on Limors do you really think Temair will be completely different?

Cant comment on that but from what i've heard the Limors fg vs fg rvr scene is all but gone. On teamir (where i play actively atm) you always have atleast 2 groups of each realm out and running in the fg zone and people stick to the 'zone rules' that apply giving everyone really enjoyable rvr, if a zerg would happen to find the zone people simply change the zone and continue there. :)
Population has nothing to do with the quality of fg rvr, you could have a server with 10k population that still had worse fg rvr than a server with 200 people. :p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Cant comment on that but from what i've heard the Limors fg vs fg rvr scene is all but gone. On teamir (where i play actively atm) you always have atleast 2 groups of each realm out and running in the fg zone and people stick to the 'zone rules' that apply giving everyone really enjoyable rvr, if a zerg would happen to find the zone people simply change the zone and continue there. :)
Population has nothing to do with the quality of fg rvr, you could have a server with 10k population that still had worse fg rvr than a server with 200 people. :p

You're right, you can't comment on Limors.

You also say that:
"people stick to the 'zone rules' that apply giving everyone really enjoyable rvr"

Yet a few posts ago in this very same thread you say that:
"Really good rvr but gets quite annoying at times cause of certain groups abuse every bug available to the to win."

And please stop talking out your arse about server populations. The higher the population the more people you will find with similar playstyles. Are you genuinely suggesting that NFD would be more likely to find a good fg fight on Dyvet than Limors?

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
You can still find fgs around from time to time.
And keep takes from all 3 sides is not as rare as people might think.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

The equation aint that simple i'm afraid. You looking like you are being obtuse for the sake of it.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
The equation aint that simple i'm afraid. You looking like you are being obtuse for the sake of it.

Indeed not, for a long time Dyvet had a high number of FG's even though the server population was significantly lower than others.

The playstyles available on a server has more to do with the mindsets of the people on the server & their 'tolerance' to playstyles that differ from their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom