So - first impressions of 1.89 and pve!

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
It was launched at yesterday on US, ofc having a SM (getting l0ve and all) i needed to test it ;=). this will mainly consist of the pve part. as you all know in the patch notes they said;
Mythic said:
New encounters have been added involving a new type of djinn call the afrit which will drop loot taken from the master level and artifact encounters

so i started checking it out, the first mobs i encountered were some OJ steam elementals, did some weak (200ish) fire nuke, no biggie, guess what! traldors belt on first mob! 5 mobs later i had zahurs ring, 2 large, 1 small and a medium ml7 sheild as well as some drops from ml9 (stardrop, nimbus strand). saying this im a dark SM + shaman, i can with ease kill the mobs that mythic said we should have 3-6 players to do.

after 6 hours (including 1 and a half hour of dinner) ive ended up with this; what you dont see in these pics is the 2000 tons of rogs and worthless drops i sold prior :p

First part

Secound Part

So be being a casual, i think we can say that you should sell your items while you still can get a decent price for em :D

EDIT: there are some lotm drops that i snuck in there, except for those, all the toa items are "farmed" today

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
images don't load for me :(

Edit: as soon as I posted that they worked!

Nice screen shots. As I expected alot of loot was going to drop from these new mobs. Were you farming the toughest of these afrit mobs? And was the loot in anyway zone or mob specific?

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
is it easyer for them to create a djin that will drop these items than just create an npc that will givf them for free? for me it looks easyer and clever..

rofl

Septina

Part of the furniture
Template with Typhoon cloak inc on warrior, such awesome looks on that cloak <3.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
Were you farming the toughest of these afrit mobs? And was the loot in anyway zone or mob specific?

Nope, purly red cons and orange cons (they got their tricks so a meleer would probably have problems, but a charmed salamander does the trick =D). and no, they are in no way zone or mob specific.
to get the 25 essences of afrit i need it probably takes between an hour or 2, depending on how camped the mobs is (i know a route with a fair number of pops, around in volcanus, shame im not the only one to know that route ;P). but then again, i could maybe just have been lucky. becouse when i get to choose what ML/arti mob i want to get drops from i could just get crap drops like i could get if i killed the mob oldstyle. i spend 2 hours getting those essences, i chose to try Moirai - ended with 2 crap rogs. though luck :p

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
so you kill essences, each one gives you a random toa drop + some special thing, you give soecial thing to affriti, and you say i want a drop from katorii, and it will give a drop from katoriis loot list? could be rog or the ring etc, the more speical things you give to affriti the better the chance of higher loot or non rog?

oh who drops legendary parts?

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
wow, that is nice indeed, open TOA up tot he solo causal player again.

Im almost tempted by patches like these to go back to TOA but then i remember all the timer effects that change a class from how it should be and i remember what i dislike so much...

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
so you kill essences, each one gives you a random toa drop + some special thing, you give soecial thing to affriti, and you say i want a drop from katorii, and it will give a drop from katoriis loot list? could be rog or the ring etc, the more speical things you give to affriti the better the chance of higher loot or non rog?

oh who drops legendary parts?

You need to kill the elementals and Afritis that roam around in toa, they each drop from 1-3 essences of Afrit, when you get 25 of those you can choose to get drops from the top tier encounters (phoenix, typhoons, moirai etc) you can allso give him 5 and 15 essences for lower/easier mob's drop list. you cant chance the %% to get high end loot or rogs, its totaly random. ill try to explain it simpler ;P

you have 25 essences of afrit -> turn em in at the "Trogo Zontanos Mageia". you will be presented with a list of mobs that you can choose from. when you click it it will be as if you killed him the old way, if your lucky you might get a good drop, sometimes you dont. legendary components drops from the elementals around in toa.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Cheers for the information, I was against this change but it seems they've found some reasonable solution.

uron

Loyal Freddie
looks nice, can see alot of prices dropping to almost nothing over night though, which i spose could be a good or bad thing depending on how u play the game...great news for ppl who want to rvr and get a char ready asap.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
just allows folks to get items that would normally be out of reach like typhons cloak and stuff.

Should mean more people in templates in rvr so long rog lords :D

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
Should mean more people in templates in rvr so long rog lords :D

Nah, plenty of roglords left to kill, due to the fact that its easier (at least more fun ;P) to gain artifact encs, scrolls and MLs (+ other nice bp items) tru killing people in rvr then to do it in pve oldschool :fluffle:

Biohazarddk

Loyal Freddie
i really like this patch, since it makes me able to roam around ToA solo/duo and still being able to get stuff i wouldnt ever be able to get (eg Atalya Cloaks etc) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom