So did it help? Is anyone moving to the clones?

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
I have no clue myself, as i play order and rarely have Q's...
But nevertheless i'm curious. Did it help?
Certainly one positive note is the less frequent posting of some crybabies.
After the news that the american cloning ended up as a failure.... anyhow tell me

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
still one hour queue on K8P yesterday...so I guess it didn't help at all :p

Poag

m00?
I thought the clone was today, not yesterday.......

[edit]
Yus its today
http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en177&lang=en

GOA said:
This Wednesday we are going to clone some of our busiest servers to help spread the load around and to reduce queuing times. Please note however that this is not a solution for a server where only one side has queues; it will only be used when the entire server is too full to avoid issues with the population balance. The servers that we will be cloning are as follows:

Karak Eight Peaks will be cloned to Tor Anroc
Karak Azgal will be cloned to Zhufbar
Karak Hirn will be cloned to Yvresse
Eltharion will be cloned to Tiranoc

Will find out tonight and before the weekend really :)

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
it might help for short time before people realise there on a server thats probably never to have any real population going for it.

me i would rather have queues knowing a server is going to be populated enough for some nice fights than have a character on a server that is low/low population and might never be anything but that.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Are there even any queues on Order?

I bet one of the problems the Americans faced is all the people that went to the new server are Destro...Order have no reason to move if there are no/little queues.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Are there even any queues on Order?
Sure, but they are shorter. Ive had to wait in a Q of 150 or so a couple of times, which takes 10-15 mins - no big deal.

Ill take that rather than a queue free server which in a few months (assuming of course that we're still playing and still care) doesnt have enough people left to make it worth playing on.

As will pretty much everyone ...

Swiss

Fledgling Freddie
I dont mind the queues knowing the server will be busy and fun..its (as many other people have already said) when you CTD or get kicked out of game and then back to the 1hour queues that really annoy.

Proa

Fledgling Freddie
I dont mind the queues knowing the server will be busy and fun..its (as many other people have already said) when you CTD or get kicked out of game and then back to the 1hour queues that really annoy.
So if no one would have the CTD then I guess the ques would be much longer, right? And yes in prime time I have to wait for like 30 min to log on even on Order side

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Cloning isnt until tommorow now

This morning we have brought down all servers for an update. This is the operation that was postponed from yesterday. This maintenance is mostly to make some internal fixes for stability.

Tomorrow we will be cloning the busiest English servers so there will be another downtime at the same time tomorrow. We will keep you updated as to the progress of this operation but we expect that the servers will return by the early afternoon.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
So if no one would have the CTD then I guess the ques would be much longer, right? And yes in prime time I have to wait for like 30 min to log on even on Order side

I bet they force people to CTD on purpose to keep the queues down!

The timer seems to be suspiciously accurate ;)

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
GOA should find some big guilds and offer them an incentive to move.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I havent been in the Order side queue for more than 15min, even when it starts at 300 of 300 and 2hrs w8ing in the line, after a couple of mins (alt+tab websurfing 4tw) it drops to 13-15min :)

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
i thought they not doing clones untill thursday now

News

This morning we have brought down all servers for an update. This is the operation that was postponed from yesterday. This maintenance is mostly to make some internal fixes for stability.

Tomorrow, Thursday, we will be cloning the busiest English servers so there will be another downtime at the same time tomorrow. We will keep you updated as to the progress of this operation but we expect that the servers will return by the early afternoon.

Update 12:00 CET This morning's maintenance was successful and all servers are now back online.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
The cloning process was indeed postponed until Thursday. I haven't got an ETA yet, but will get back as soon I do.

Sometimes server cloning is compared to character transferring, only in large scale. Whereas this isn't entirely un-true, it is far from the whole picture. When transferring a character from one server to another, much is by necessity lost. One cannot transfer guild belonging for instance, hence the guild rank one has fought so hard for, would be lost. Also, to move a group of people would require a whole lot of organisation. There are many things which could go wrong along the line, something we've seen from other MMOs.

I've added a few Q&A's about server cloning in the info post.

-Magnus

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
The cloning process was indeed postponed until Thursday. I haven't got an ETA yet, but will get back as soon I do.

Sometimes server cloning is compared to character transferring, only in large scale. Whereas this isn't entirely un-true, it is far from the whole picture. When transferring a character from one server to another, much is by necessity lost. One cannot transfer guild belonging for instance, hence the guild rank one has fought so hard for, would be lost. Also, to move a group of people would require a whole lot of organisation. There are many things which could go wrong along the line, something we've seen from other MMOs.

I've added a few Q&A's about server cloning in the info post.

-Magnus

how about increasing the XP and gold bonus, say xp x3 and gold x2 for teh first month or two weeks, this will give people an incentive to move.

Also many people have lost a lot of time trying to level due to CTD, queue and teh odd server crash, this will at least allow those that move to catch up somewhat, as well as saying thank you for moving.

it might work better than mytics try with making people move.... give the dog a biscuit and he may wag his tail..

:m00:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
how about increasing the XP and gold bonus, say xp x3 and gold x2 for teh first month or two weeks, this will give people an incentive to move.

Also many people have lost a lot of time trying to level due to CTD, queue and teh odd server crash, this will at least allow those that move to catch up somewhat, as well as saying thank you for moving.

it might work better than mytics try with making people move.... give the dog a biscuit and he may wag his tail..

:m00:

What and see the whole server empty to get levelled up faster leaving a server with normal xp and no one on it, and 500 people complaining that the new server they are playing on that gives XP x3 has long queues

dee777

Loyal Freddie

I doubt that will help the problem. If a critical mass of people is starting to move, all the rest will follow, especially if you gain double XP. Would make original KEP a ghost town and the clone would become KEP reloaded.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
I have no clue myself, as i play order and rarely have Q's...
But nevertheless i'm curious. Did it help?
Certainly one positive note is the less frequent posting of some crybabies.
After the news that the american cloning ended up as a failure.... anyhow tell me

Before you go calling people crybabies you need to experiance the frustration of a 1hr Q, CTD after 20 mins, 1hr Q...
Why would any order players/guilds want to move to a cloned server when they don't have any problems with Q's?it will end up as a destro only server,then still have to Q because there's no order players...

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
I just hope Goa doesn't accidently "lose" all the server's data while cloning like they did in DAOC once...
:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom