Games So, Diablo 3 then?

Sar

Part of the furniture
Looks sorta alright. Never got far into the second one, which I always intend to rectify at some point but never do...

Thoughts?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As luck would have it I was looking for a Warcraft replacement and really liked the original Diablo. Should be easier to organise a group of mates too - unless they've put 9-hour dungeons in the fekker...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
awesome.

*waves goodbye to social life*

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Any guesses on how long this'll be in development for? Now i've seen it all i want to do is play it but i imagine it'll take another couple of years before it's released :(

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Blizzard normally develop things for a couple of years before they announce it. Look at starcraft 2, announced a year or so ago, out end of this year/beginning next.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
omg, *pause* omg *giggles like a girl* \o/

Sar

Part of the furniture
I'd say probably April-ish '09

Gray

FH is my second home
Really cant wait. I loved Diablo II, but that time passed and i went into WoW.

With WoW bringing out the new expansion over the course of the next few months, im gonna be torn between two games i love!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Been way way way too long, but I'm blatantly gonna get into this!

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I can see Diablo 3 smashing sales records once it's been released; a massive amount of people have had contact in some form with Diablo 2 and are looking forward to the awesomeness that'll be Diablo 3

Adari

Part of the furniture
I never really paid attention to diablo II, although I did love the game the few times I played it @ highschool.

Would it be worth playing it now? For the single player experience.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
loved 2, mp side was fun in fact installed and tried a few months ago and enjoyed. the cow level easter egg is still fun. still dont know at the time most sites and mages gave it on average 70% scoring reviews as it was less anal than baldursgate

when 2 came out with impressive cut scenes u always thought blizzard should do a 3d film of diablo on the side.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/news83/229614-diablo-3-a.html please pay attention to news page i do tend slap someat on when im not picking my nose

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
It wont come out within 6 months of the release of Starcraft 2 will it?

And when is the WoW addon coming? I guess they will hold off releasing that at the same time either.

We all need to take 2 weeks off work when its out and play co op ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
naw they wont release it all at the same time, there will be a few months between em at least.

bet SC2 and D3 will dent the wow population a bit tho

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
bet SC2 and D3 will dent the wow population a bit tho

Doesn't matter with intercompeting products as long as your overall global market share increases...

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
It wont come out within 6 months of the release of Starcraft 2 will it?

And when is the WoW addon coming? I guess they will hold off releasing that at the same time either.

We all need to take 2 weeks off work when its out and play co op ;)

Guess Blizzard has Load's of cash (I wonder why!)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
This is great news, wish it was coming out sooner.

It's rekindled my passion for diablo 2, if anyone's interested there's a non-ladder game room up on battlenet called freddyshouse ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I still play D2 now. It'll be perfect when I get my eee pc / asus one :)

Have to wait to be convinced by this. Most of the oroginal D2 team have left Blizzard.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I would still play D2, but my mate "borrowed" it, and denies having it. Grrrr.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Doesn't matter with intercompeting products as long as your overall global market share increases...

Not true at all. You have to consider that the wow business unit is almost entirely self contained and will fight tooth and nail to hold player numbers and will aggressively try to prevent internal cannibalism from competing releases. Expect to see more than two or three months between these key releases, more likely to be in the region of 6-9 months or maybe even a year.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I've not played Diablo in ages, what's the difference between a ladder and non ladder character?

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I've not played Diablo in ages, what's the difference between a ladder and non ladder character?

A ladder character packs a ladder in his backpack. It means you move slower and have to duck to get through doors but you can get to places not normally accessible by non ladder characters.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
A ladder character packs a ladder in his backpack. It means you move slower and have to duck to get through doors but you can get to places not normally accessible by non ladder characters.

Is that a joke or? I've never played Diablo, but fancy buying it now!

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Is that a joke or? I've never played Diablo, but fancy buying it now!

Its not entirely true. As long as you have 1 ladder player in your group you can all get to higher places. You just need to protect the ladder player because he is vulnerable and can't fight so well with a heavy ladder on his back.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
rofl

Ladder characters play on seperate instances of Battle.net to regular characters and basically race each other when a new season starts to be the first to level 90 or level 99 or whatever from a completely blank economy and player-base.

They also have extra items and cube recipes available to them that normal characters don't. When a ladder season is over then ladder characters are dumped back into the 'normal' game. They can't pick up any more ladder-only items or do any more ladder only recipes but they get to keep what they've already got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom