So COD4...

Poag

m00?
...i got it on my way home last night, i finished it in about 4maybe 5 hours singpleplayer on regular.

The singleplayer all in all i feel is pretty good, there are a few moments where i said "Oh you can't be serious" about the number of enemy troops.

Graphically the game is amazingly good, the engine is well used with walls becoming floors and buildings blowing up fairly convincingly. Also the AC-130 section was intensly enjoyable.

Boom....wheeeeee...wait for it...wait for it......boom! Little people go flying \o/

couple of my favorite bits in spoilers.

In the flash back, sniping from the hotel and taking his arm off and the subsiquent escape from said hotel.
The fight at the ferrace wheel was great, headshot after head shot..untill the chopper arrived...didn't like that..felt forced

Pulling the pilot out of the cobra, bullets whizzing past my ears with the other marines shooting back behind me

Right at the end, you are fighting on the bridge...the tanker goes up and Griggs drags you backwards, that whole final sequence I found really visceral and somewhat sad

Death of Jackson :( found that quite sad, saved the pilot, survived the blast and the crash then died in the open :(

I have a sneaking suspicion that the game has multiple endings and ways events can turn out, I intend to play it through again tonight to be sure that the sequence of events I got is the correct sequence :)....and also to try and hit that flipping Hind in the final sequence...flipping thing kept moving.

Multiplayer....

I only had a quick go at this last night, sniped a bit, but found it fairly difficult with the tight close in maps to get any good sniping done. Played headquarters which was kinda fun and provided some objective rather than "kill kill kill" I'll try out the other game modes tonight. However the weapon upgrades seemed really good, the new sniper rifle I got punched hole sin walls nicely too :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Haven't played it all the way through yet, but I'm enjoying it so far; its sufficiently different from CoD2 not to get bored, while still being familiar enough to get into quickly. The AI isn't anything special though. Don't know why, but the SAS levels seem far more interesting than the USMC levels, maybe I'm just tired of seeing bullet-ridden middle east urban hellholes :)

'Tis very pretty as well, despite me using an older card (X850).

Helme

Resident Freddy
I'm normally not an FPS fan but this is probably one of the best games I have ever played(singleplayer that is).

I especially liked the maps, you really get a feeling of total war and chaos when you play - especially the first of the Arabic maps, flying in on a helicopter landing and starting the charge on foot working with your team to clear the streets while over your head constant battle between other helicopters and jets is in full motion. Bombs in the distant buildings etc.

Other maps I really enjoyed included the Russian maps reaching Nikolai/trying to get him out of there.

And my all time favorite probably has to be the first map after the tutorial. That ship, wow - just wow! If there was an award for best map in a computer game, this would win the price. Attacking an freight ship during a full-blown storm where you can barely see anything due to the intense rain, feeling the ship rock under the gigantic waves etc.

Overall, I was totally enthralled by the game and didn't feel it was too short at all. It didn't drag out the story like many games do and I also liked the flashback to the 80s and the sniper mission, I want a game just like that every single map! Laying in the grass seeing tanks and troops approaching your position and the only thing separating you from certain death is the ghillie suite you are wearing.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Totaly agreed.
I almost crapped my pants the first time that idiot told me to lay down. and crawl passed the dudes (Chernobyl map) :D
well the whole Chernobyl map is awesome..
i mean. check pictures of the real Chernobyl (now-a-days)
and check in-game.
okayy.. the go-karts are a bit to far from the ferris wheel.. but duh.. i didnt expect them to create a map 100% accuratly detailed ;)

Also quite weird when you check googlemaps @ Chernobyl. and see the buildings. and attractions :)

immediatly after i downloaded 2 video's about Chernobyl's disaster. as that location is soooo interesting! :)
And yeah the 1st map (on the ship).. gawd damn especialy when it started sinking... got completely disorientated! awesome game!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Totaly agreed.
I almost crapped my pants the first time that idiot told me to lay down. and crawl passed the dudes (Chernobyl map) :D
well the whole Chernobyl map is awesome..
i mean. check pictures of the real Chernobyl (now-a-days)
and check in-game.
okayy.. the go-karts are a bit to far from the ferris wheel.. but duh.. i didnt expect them to create a map 100% accuratly detailed ;)

Also quite weird when you check googlemaps @ Chernobyl. and see the buildings. and attractions :)

immediatly after i downloaded 2 video's about Chernobyl's disaster. as that location is soooo interesting! :)
And yeah the 1st map (on the ship).. gawd damn especialy when it started sinking... got completely disorientated! awesome game!

I thought the spectre gunship mission was the best it felt very real (there is actually a video on youtube about an Apache in night mission mowing down a few insurgents) the radio chatter and just the whole level was insane and i loved it from start to finish.

Chernobyl is very interesting to watch videos on etc i would love to go there at some point and get the whole Ghost City feeling lol

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
if you sit through the credits you get the airplane one aswell

surely you cant be serious.. :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
if you sit through the credits you get the airplane one aswell

surely you cant be serious.. :D

About the Apache? deadly serious its a sick but at the same time cool video.. one of the insurgents tries to hide under a truck and they just blow it up with the chain gun.

Mabs

lol, no its an Airplane reference (i think)
the voiceover says "were going in hard and fast... surely you cant be serious... yes i am, and dont call me shirley" :D

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
dang i love this game! so hows the onlineplay? the version i own now is like from a "pirate" ;)

but if the onlineplay is fun ill buy it!

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Its good fun
tho.. sniper is bugged atm (hit-box thingies arent where their supposed to be..)

quite anoying. but will get fixed soon i hope.. i love playing sniper :)

and getting ranks is pretty cool. unlocking new weapons etc (Y)

Mabs

finally got the damn clan server online, if anyone wants to partake of it :D

85.236.98.68 : 28960

/pimpage

Himse

FH is my second home
you dont fly chopper i dont think, it just gets called it and anything it kills u get the frags for? no?

Mabs

3 kills without dying : UAV (radar to show where enemy are unless they have UAV blocking perk)
5 kills without dying : Airstrike
7 kills without dying : call in helicopter - you cant control it, it just flies around shooting people, can be shot down

i think those numbers are right :)

/edit : anything the airstrike or heli kill count as "your" kills, yes

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
I first thought u could fly the chopper. but nvm :p

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
3 kills without dying : UAV (radar to show where enemy are unless they have UAV blocking perk)
5 kills without dying : Airstrike
7 kills without dying : call in helicopter - you cant control it, it just flies around shooting people, can be shot down

i think those numbers are right :)

/edit : anything the airstrike or heli kill count as "your" kills, yes

correct!

even if you die after you have achieved the required number of kills you can still call a UAV/Airstrike/Heli' once you respawn and those kills gained from the airstrike/heli' count towards another uav/airstrike/helicopter etc..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Single player was great, one of the best this year. Not so sure about the multiplayer, the maps aren't great, there are far to many choke points where you just cant get past and it turns into a kill farm. Will just have to wait for some decent player made maps :)

Like the upgrades and perks getting my assault weapons up for now, will move on to sniper when there are some decent sniper maps.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
hehe, love snipers. just sneak up behind them and ur pretty much free to do as you please to them :)

usually you can have some serious fun with them before killing them. shoot once and see them duck down whatever cover they are behind and move a yard or so, thinkng they are safe, shoot again and see them do it all over again. shoot once another time and see them start looking around for a change, then you kill them :)

usually they go back to being a grunt after a few times xD

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Whit the new 1.3 patch. Sniper rifles rly works awesome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom