So, CE headstart = SE headstart?

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
don't take this as fact because im not 100% sure myself but im sure i read somewhere it was going to be 1 or 2 days longer than SE

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
I read those rumours as well.
But 3 days headstart for SE = monday since release is on a thursday.
1 or 2 days = saturday+sunday. And i don't think they'll launch the game during the wknd. So i guess it should be the same :)

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
isnt it 7 days open beta? or am i wrong about that?

start open beta: 7 sep
end open beta: 14 sep
life head start: 15 sep
official start: 18 sep

so 3 days head start is the max?

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
The more i read the more i am beginning to think that £60 is a rip off for the lack of service that is coming our way. I would of liked to have at least 4 days headstart with it being ahead of the SE. I would of thought it would of been:

OB 7/9/08
End of OB 13/0/08
CE headstart 14/9/08
SE headstart 15/9/08

Would make the CE just a little more worth the price tag.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
The more i read the more i am beginning to think that £60 is a rip off for the lack of service that is coming our way. I would of liked to have at least 4 days headstart with it being ahead of the SE. I would of thought it would of been:

OB 7/9/08
End of OB 13/0/08
CE headstart 14/9/08
SE headstart 15/9/08

Would make the CE just a little more worth the price tag.

That would only be 6 days open beta, i was under the impression it was 7 days.

id also like to no why play.com are advertising , the game, in game items, and headstart for £29.99 but there not on the list of partners.

will we get the headstart if we order from play.com?

Shazzoo

Fledgling Freddie
I think we get the headstart but not open beta.
Still waiting on my email though.

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
That would only be 6 days open beta, i was under the impression it was 7 days.

id also like to no why play.com are advertising , the game, in game items, and headstart for £29.99 but there not on the list of partners.

will we get the headstart if we order from play.com?

If it opens at 8am on Sunday Morning and End on 12 midnight on saturday evening then it would count at 7 days. But it might be too complicated for them to do hehe.

Judder

Loyal Freddie
>>>>>>>>>>

Mark Jacobs said this on the vnboards.

4) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are extending the Head Start for the pre-order CE (not the SE) buyers by at least an additional day as an added thank you for buying our CE. Just as with the PW, no additional fee will be required to play in our Head Start.
<<<<<<<<<<

Do we really believe GOA would tell EU CE buyers "we don't need to thank you, your lucky we let you play at all, be happy with your minature and mousemat ungrateful dogs" :-0

MOD's feel free to set a poll up for that question if you want :-0

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Do we really believe GOA would tell EU CE buyers "we don't need to thank you, your lucky we let you play at all, be happy with your minature and mousemat ungrateful dogs" :-0

ehh.. yes?

its GOA we are talking about...
seeing as you account here on FH is created 2008, you may not have a past with GOA

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
It would mean the CE headstart would be start the same day as Games Day UK.. which makes me feel a bit of a mug for going to Games Day - but am hoping that I will get over that and have a great time regardless.

Also, read that the UK and US offerings will start at the exact same time, so might be midday US and 5pm UK, which would mean starting CE headstart on sunday would at least give us monday morning ahead of SE headstart. Or something.

I expect we'll hear more about all these dates over the next few days though.

peo

Fledgling Freddie
>>>>>>>>>>

4) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are extending the Head Start for the pre-order CE (not the SE) buyers by at least an additional day as an added thank you for buying our CE. Just as with the PW, no additional fee will be required to play in our Head Start.
<<<<<<<<<<

Basically if it is mythic saying anything regarding customers and not the game itself it doesn't apply on the eastern side of the atlantic. So just ignore it and live with the information (or lack there off) regarding things like this we get.

Zoldot

Fledgling Freddie
Basically if it is mythic saying anything regarding customers and not the game itself it doesn't apply on the eastern side of the atlantic. So just ignore it and live with the information (or lack there off) regarding things like this we get.

Well OB starts same time in US and EU and it is said that the game will start the exact same time for EU. so if US CE get to start a specific date, I'd bet EU CE will start the same time.

If not, they better watch out for Ninjas! :ninja:

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<

i hope not, but im not holding my breath :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Me and 10 of my guild are at Gamesday again this year, they better not start the headstart until I've driven home on Monday morning. I can't imagine anyone from GOA/Mythic at Gamesday will be at their desk until Monday morning at the earliest.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
ahh but there will be other people to run things in the office.

I'm probably missing all but the last evening of the headstart anyway :(

peo

Fledgling Freddie
Well OB starts same time in US and EU and it is said that the game will start the exact same time for EU. so if US CE get to start a specific date, I'd bet EU CE will start the same time.

If not, they better watch out for Ninjas! :ninja:

Probably, but we don't know if the difference between the SE and CE is relevant to us as it doesn't affect the CE but only "prolongs" the SE headstart.
I don't know.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
There will be news about the headstart up today on the main site. I can confirm that the CE headstart will be longer than the SE headstart however. Official dates will be up later.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
There will be news about the headstart up today on the main site. I can confirm that the CE headstart will be longer than the SE headstart however. Official dates will be up later.

ty for the info. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I can spend all of gamesday going "wah I could be playing" ;)

and then all of the rest of my holiday doing the same...

Anyone care to donate a spiffy laptop? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom