So.....bored....

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Bored of reading multiple "WAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! I CAN'T PRE-ORDER A GAME THAT ISN'T DUE FOR RELEASE FOR ANOTHER <insert optimistic value here> MONTHS!!!!!" threads.

Time for a good-ol'-fashioned slanging match FH-style!!

WAR looks like WoW, it's a shameless cash-in, a rip-off and another clone-fantasy-mmorpg from a graduate of the Blizzard Cookie-Cutter School for the Terminally Uninspired and Unoriginal. It should instead have been made as DAoC 2: "The Zerglings Revenge" <TM> :touch:..discuss

:flame:

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
my hearts just not in it im still bored :( as it stands im going to AoC if its any good who knows if really enjoy it ill prob stay me CE copy will be up for 80 quid on ebay ;P

Rohan

Fledgling Freddie
Bored of reading multiple "WAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! I CAN'T PRE-ORDER A GAME THAT ISN'T DUE FOR RELEASE FOR ANOTHER <insert optimistic value here> MONTHS!!!!!" threads.

Time for a good-ol'-fashioned slanging match FH-style!!

WAR looks like WoW, it's a shameless cash-in, a rip-off and another clone-fantasy-mmorpg from a graduate of the Blizzard Cookie-Cutter School for the Terminally Uninspired and Unoriginal. It should instead have been made as DAoC 2: "The Zerglings Revenge" <TM> :touch:..discuss

:flame:

obviously i dont get it, is that your ststement or zerglings revenge?

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Bored? OK!

Lets talk about...

..........RELIGIONS AND THEIR EFFECTS ON SOCIETY AND POLITICS!!!!123

haha

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Well considering Mythic's experience in MMOs predates WoW (you know the 'unknown' time by most) most of their experience is based on DAoC not like the bandwagon lot that just took another free MMO from the east and slapped a payment methord to it, or just slapping on a online with mircotransations that are 'required to progress' option to their singleplayer games, those are the ppl you should torch.

Plus I think it's compleatly stupid to claim any proberly developed MMO to be a 'WoW clone' seeing as WoW is a very distilled base level MMO design and over time Blizzard have just taken already developed ideas from other games and players, thats consering it's very hypicritical to call a supposive clone a clone of what is techically just ripping off anything thats considered good in anything else.

It's understandable that in the begining players new to the MMO genre and came through WoW to think everything past that all games were out to gain the same success as WoW as they didn't know about past games that WoW's ideas were orginal but after 3 years and knowing about other games on the market the 'WoW clone' complait is more an excuse now not to play a game because it distills the 'achviments' that they've gained thru games like WoW as players have sadly taken WoW's massive sucess to mean that sucess in WoW means possibile popularity in real life.

The ironny of all this is like most game genres now MMORPGs have 'done' everything possible without breaking the RPG format, best developers can do is refine and sreamline old ideas to cater for each generation of gamers. Newer players have yet to understand that they're actally 'very late to the game' when in comes to MMOs

Most are trying to cater from the console gamer by making their games more about 'winning the game and beating players' then the classic 'social and roleplay' aspects of a MMO thats the difference players need to see between games like LOTRO and games like WoW, WAR is trying to balance both player bases and game types hopfully it will do that..

Just my 2 pence on the matter

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Was a joke to lighten the mood, i guess the mood is just too heavy right now :(

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
0mfgz0r you are a WoW troll coz you iz talkin about Zerglings what are from Blizzard :twak:.

G

tbh there should be a holiday camp for this stuff, real life mmorpg

"zorgland" where you too can ding up and throw magic potions at elves, ride horses for hours getting seemingly no where at all.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Was a joke to lighten the mood, i guess the mood is just too heavy right now :(

Yea i know i was bored and you gave me somthing to write about :D well at least the topic has a topic to discuss and not spam :)

Imagen if Warhammer 40k had the SC RTS would 'zerging' these days be 'Ridding'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom