So bored at work

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
NEED TO PLAY DAOC!

Think that's bad...

I'm bored at work... With daoc installed on my pc, but can't play!
The frustration...
I need a decent laptop I can play it on so I can just sit in my server room and while away the hours ;-)

L

-Lonewolf-

Torture man simply torture

Can't all the bored people at work just chat in this thread to hope the hours just fly by

C

-chancer-

got my own office an yes my work pc does and IS running 2 copys of daoc at once =)

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by -chancer-
got my own office an yes my work pc does and IS running 2 copys of daoc at once =)

Conducts plan to lock pc, go into workroom/other lockable office and start a terminal service session into pc...

C

Cyradix

Cable connection on desk at work ;)

Laptop only capable of low res playing tho :(

L

-Lonewolf-

Chancer the lucky b*stardo but nice one mate I must say

Firewall prevents that here and can't anyway my job involves being harassed by people all the time asking for statistics and information on what the hell went wrong why and how we fixed it

Bloody nightmare

H

Hargh

firewall blockage here, no chance of daoc. have to make do with sneaking out to the pub to watch the rugby

O

old.yaruar

Chancer the lucky b*stardo but nice one mate I must say

Firewall prevents that here and can't anyway my job involves being harassed by people all the time asking for statistics and information on what the hell went wrong why and how we fixed it

Bloody nightmare

The firewall could prevent me from playing daoc... If I wan't the guy in charge of the firewall.

mwahahaaahaahaahaaa

F

Flimgoblin

gifv job ;)

K

khaldhor

Had that with my old job :) now i work on a crap computer which isn't capable of running daoc :(

givf 5 o'clock so i can go home plz :(

L

-Lonewolf-

I reckon the best job to have would be to be working on a Games Magazine like PC Zone or PC Gamer

Get to play games all day and review the new ones coming out WHAT A LAUGH!!!

T

tripitaka

I reckon the best job to have would be to be working on a Games Magazine like PC Zone or PC Gamer

Get to play games all day and review the new ones coming out WHAT A LAUGH!!!

Theres an article on that in either zone or gamer last month i think - explaining what its like to work in their offices.

You be amazed that it isn't all fun, they said it they were under paid, stressed etc trying to meet deadlines....

If you can get hold of a copy , it makes for a good read.

T

Talen

Yeah, I reckon it cant be *that* easy knowing that you will have to write a article about all the perks and flaws with the game you are playing. So I guess they lose a part of the fun as they are supposed to "analyze" the game and be able to write a page or 2 about it later and try to only use revelant facts instead of simply playing it. :eek:

S

Silenzio

im bored too here...

but wile haveing a 100Mbit coonnection... a good box to play with...

rlly wish somthing better than daok...

think sunshine ;P

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by tripitaka
Theres an article on that in either zone or gamer last month i think - explaining what its like to work in their offices.

You be amazed that it isn't all fun, they said it they were under paid, stressed etc trying to meet deadlines....

If you can get hold of a copy , it makes for a good read.

Yeah but they would say that, from half the articles I read in them they seem to play games all day, and seeing as its a monthly magazine deadlines were not so stringent

I worked on a monthly magazine and a daily one and I tell you the stress lvls are sooooooo different

T

tripitaka

Yeah but they would say that, from half the articles I read in them they seem to play games all day, and seeing as its a monthly magazine deadlines were not so stringent

I worked on a monthly magazine and a daily one and I tell you the stress lvls are sooooooo different

I used to know a bloke called Andy Butcher who worked for Gamer - top bloke i have to say - i fixed his PC , thats how i came to know him. He lent me games he'd reviewed before they were out in the shops, and i'd return them after having a go.

Unfortunately tho he disappeared , and didn't work for the mag after a while....

He was telling me though he had to buy his own PC to review the games on. This was late 90's so i guess when tomb raider etc first came out. He had a top of the range PC - back in those days was prolly a 166 or something ;)

I would've thought the magazine would give them the money to buy a pc to test games on.

Users who are viewing this thread