So Bodhi... :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Intel and Nvidia for me. ATi suck balls!!!

:eek:

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Always used AMD and Nvidia always been good, wouldn't touch Intel with a 10ft barge pool.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
PLightstar said:
Always used AMD and Nvidia always been good, wouldn't touch Intel with a 10ft barge pool.

Except for the fact that Core2 plainly ownz all ? 50%+ overclocks ftw :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Core2 is sexy, I got the same as you I think wijlet, I also got the same fan type thing but couldn't be arsed putting it in after I had built the system(bought it as an after thought), maybe this weekend.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I dumped Intel when they tried to hoist that useless RAMBUS crap on us because they'd made an agreement with them to give each other wads of cash at our expense.

Then the whole Netburst architecture (P4s) made me stay away as all Netburst CPUs were dogshit and AMD clearly owned them.

Now though, Intel CPUs are cumming in AMD's eyes and laughing. Intel ftw \o/

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ive always used AMD. i found both ati and nvidia to be adequate when combined with such a cpu.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Such AMD hate. AMD arn't dead yet. :)

I've not touched a home machine with a Intel chip since 1995, I don't intend to.

AMD and Nvidia all the way.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Overdriven said:
Such AMD hate. AMD arn't dead yet. :)

I've not touched a home machine with a Intel chip since 1995, I don't intend to.

AMD and Nvidia all the way.

How do you know AMD chips will work with nVidia in the future ? Or vice versa ?

tris-

Wij said:
How do you know AMD chips will work with nVidia in the future ? Or vice versa ?

id assume there is european laws to protect that. if nvidia only let their chips work with intel then that would mean people are forced to buy both. then we get no choice. leading to a monopoly and the collapse of economy as we know it!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
tris- said:
id assume there is european laws to protect that. if nvidia only let their chips work with intel then that would mean people are forced to buy both. then we get no choice. leading to a monopoly and the collapse of economy as we know it!

But it's perfectly possible to have crap driver support for the rival company etc or just generally make things difficult. Look at Microsoft. They get away with all sorts without actually specifically blocking rival products.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Wij said:
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/10/25/amd_will_use_ati_brand/

Now that ATI (cool, obviously) is owned by AMD (plainly shit) what hardware will you be using in future ? :D

(P.S. I'm now on the specified Intel+ATI combo and they poo on AMD/nVidia's current offerings.)

A PlayStation 3. Next question!!!!

Oh, you mean PC's? Intel/ATi I expect, have done for the last 7 years, don't see me caring about PC bits enough to look round at what's best, I'll just stick with what I know.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So that's what's written on sony press releases then? ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Bodhi said:
Oh, you mean PC's? Intel/ATi I expect, have done for the last 7 years, don't see me caring about PC bits enough to look round at what's best, I'll just stick with what I know.

Just for once you'll be right :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hmm, I agree with Trem on this (intel/nvidia). Something's not right, this never usually happens...

:eek:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I dont have much brand loyalty , I but Ive just bought (only a few months ago) a AMD 4000+ chip, which is a BARGAIN by the way, will overclock to 3 gig on air (apparantly!) and will suffice just fine.
On the other hand, my one ATI experience was a pain in the arse, so Ill leave them alone ta very much!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
My past ATi conquests have always ended in fried cards, or wonky memory.

Euugh, got sick of RMA'ing the fucking things.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
throdgrain said:
I dont have much brand loyalty , I but Ive just bought (only a few months ago) a AMD 4000+ chip, which is a BARGAIN by the way, will overclock to 3 gig on air (apparantly!) and will suffice just fine.
On the other hand, my one ATI experience was a pain in the arse, so Ill leave them alone ta very much!

My Core2 overclocks from 2.1Ghz to 3.1GHz easy. Will be going higher soon. On air. And it does more per clock than yours :)

Intel's architecture is newer than AMDs and it's better. AMD will come back again one day but at the moment they are trailing. Intel have been playing catchup to AMD for 7 years. Give them their moment of glory :)

tris-

last i read AMD were making a case against Intel for various things.

has that finished now?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
cba :) My AMD works fine, no reason to change. And this is from someone who will change PC componants on a whim :) In fact, Im changing motherboard and video card next week, but whats the point in a CPU as well? Ive not seen any benchmarks that say its twice as fast playing CSS or owt.
Or I'd get one :)

In fact, prove it to me, and I will!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
tris- said:
last i read AMD were making a case against Intel for various things.

has that finished now?

Maybe. Point is though Core2 > K8.

Actually that's not the point. The point is whether Bodhi will still love ATI now that they are owned by pikey AMD :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
throdgrain said:
cba :) My AMD works fine, no reason to change. And this is from someone who will change PC componants on a whim :) In fact, Im changing motherboard and video card next week, but whats the point in a CPU as well? Ive not seen any benchmarks that say its twice as fast playing CSS or owt.
Or I'd get one :)

In fact, prove it to me, and I will!!

If you liked CSS that much you'd buy an ATI card :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Wij said:
If you liked CSS that much you'd buy an ATI card :)

No I wouldnt.

Come on, the gauntlet is down. Prove that your CPU will run CSS twice as fast as my 4000+, hell, that it will run 33% as fast, and Ill go buy one.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Started AMD, with the big beefy Athlons, got an XP 1700+ ages ago but huge problems of instability with two different motherboards lead me to switch over to Intel. I've always had ties with Intel outside of computer hardware but only made the switch to a P4 a few years ago.

For Graphics I've always been with nVidia. Had a couple of Voodoo 2's for fun and before that, Cirrus Logic were the champions!

So.. Intel/nVidia for me.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
AMD 3.2+ with NVidia 6600 GT video.

...but, gigabyte M/B with: NVidia hardware controllers, 2xRAID/SCSI buses & SATA bus, dual channel FSB (400MHZ) with 2x1GB ram ... what gels it all together can make a huge difference.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom