So 360 or PS3

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I brought an elite about 5 years ago. Got Skyrim (amazing) at the weekend for £22 (bargain). Got well into it. Tuesday, i get a freeze and the RROD. Ok till tonight when the missus has gone out and i can get a good session in and it freezes after 1 or 2 minutes of play, sometimes RROD sometimes not.

So what to do?

I can send my beast to microsoft for £62 plus postage (£20? I dont know think its heavy though). And they will fix or send me a refurb (refurb might be white though :( ).

I can buy a 4gb xbox for £129.99 and try and find some way of using my 120gb HDD that wont fit it.

I can buy a 250GB xbox for £170 and transfer over all my save data i care about as i managed to get it on the cloud tonight.

Or i can get a 160gb PS3 for £180 and exchange all my xbox games.

TBH the only one i am fussed about is Skyrim anyway.

So what should i do Freddies?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Tough call, but my opinion falls on the side of the 360 in your case.
You've already got the games, you've got the saves and you've got your friends on XBL. If you were to go for a PS3, you'd be paying for the game again, playing from scratch and having to create a new list of friends.

The only unique thing the PS3 has going for it is that it's an updateable bluray player with HDMI output and 1080p/24 if your TV can cope with it.

I'm a PS3 fonboi, and I'm saying you should stick with 360. Either get it repaired or get the 250GB one.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I read that the PS3 was having some real problems with Skyrim and people basically couldn't play it after 40 odd hours, whether thats been fixed or not I don't know.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
After having 4 XBoxe 360s since they were released, I'm a PS3 fanboi now :)

But, to be completely honest, like all things internet, it depends on the people you play with. When I bought my PS3, my rl friends had pretty much stopped playing their 360s, and I knew a good amount of people that played the COD games for the PS3 to make it worth it. I had both for a while but ended up selling my 360 Elite as I just never used it.

What I really noticed when I switched was just how loud the 360 is, how much I hate Microsoft (it's a huge ballache to cancel your XBL subscription and took me about 3 months of calling them) and having to pay for gold ontop of your broadband is a little annoying. And for me, the PS3 controller is a little better, I can't stand the analogue sticks on the 360 not being symmetrical.

The Blu-Ray player is nice if you're into that kings thing, and right now I'm loving that I can dl films/TV shows online and watch them through my PS3 (not sure if you can on 360...never tried) as I'm not a fan of watching things on my monitor.

Ultimately, there isn't going to be a huge difference between them. The only thing I really miss, is Gears of War.

I would say go for the PS3, unless you have a huge list of friends that you play XBL with.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Picked up a 4gb 360. £135 quid from currys. Will bastardise my 120gb hard disk from my elite. I can't be without Skyrim lol.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
A pc capable of playing it was not in budget this christmas.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
You can get a PC which can run skyrim on high-ish for around the £300 mark at the moment :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I have both. The PS3 mainly gets used as a blu ray player. The controller is horrible, the online service is poor and the sound and graphics aren't sufficiently superior to suffer the ballsache of the former two.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
PS3 controller is better than Xbox for me - the DPad for starters isn't made by a 2 year old.

Online service is far from poor but isn't as good as MS - but then you don't have to pay for it.

All a case of what you want from it. Ignore people who spout opinions as if fact on consoles - get what YOU need, not what other people moan about. :D

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I only got the ps3 for gt 5 :) now i got 50 games which have been played 2-3 times max.

I am thinking about selling it in the new year.

How much do you think i would get for the following

40gb ps3
50 games
2 controllers
£50 steering wheel
Hdmi cable

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sell it as separates, you'll get more. Games sell well on playtrade (play.com) and they charge a fair rate unlike ebay. The hardware you can sell or trade in, CEX give a fair price for a quick turnover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom