Snowball in hell..

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
It would be really nice if mythic/Goa released patches and expansions the same time, e.g. USA/Europe, and just apply hotfixes as and when they need them.

After all if WoW can do it, i am sure Mythic could. I know you cant really easily compare the same game. It would be nice to get ithem al the same time, of course the yanks would whine, that we are slowing down there patches.

Frankly i think there is a snowball in hells chance of this happening.

:m00:

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
In Europe we have three language servers though, english, french and german, they need to be translated to each language. But would be nice if we were way ahead of french/german :p

protvanglad

Fledgling Freddie
Aragyn said:
In Europe we have three language servers though, english, french and german, they need to be translated to each language

So they do in WoW as far as I know

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
protvanglad said:
So they do in WoW as far as I know

Correct.

Have to remember that Mythic and GOA are 2 completly separate companies though, while Blizzard US and Blizzard EU are just divisions within the same company. There is not much incentive for Mythic to hold back patches and expansions from their homemarket so that GOA can release them at the same time. If they did i imagine the license GOA pays would suddenly cost alot more. In fact, it doesnt make sense from a buisness persepctive for Mythic to wait for GOA since they know they get some customers from the EU that play US specifically to get updates earlier than they would in EU.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Correct.

Have to remember that Mythic and GOA are 2 completly separate companies though, while Blizzard US and Blizzard EU are just divisions within the same company. There is not much incentive for Mythic to hold back patches and expansions from their homemarket so that GOA can release them at the same time. If they did i imagine the license GOA pays would suddenly cost alot more. In fact, it doesnt make sense from a buisness persepctive for Mythic to wait for GOA since they know they get some customers from the EU that play US specifically to get updates earlier than they would in EU.

Now with the addition of spanish and italian servers, if the population balance changed so that the european server population was greater than the USA server population, Would mythic then give us the patches before the USA?

From a business perspective wouldn't it be better to keep your largest player base happy?

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Im sure there is rules etc

GOA late patches arent there cuz they want to torment you u know ;p

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Im sure there is rules etc

GOA late patches arent there cuz they want to torment you u know ;p

i know they have to translate english into english, and the still cant spell Valour right :touch:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
GoA also runs on slightly different hardware (or even a different architecture? God, I hope not) than Mythic. It'd probably cost a lot to make sure that all the server-clusters have exactly the same hardware.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
blizzard are cunning and have the languages on client side, so every server you join is in your language
goa think it is a good idea to translate the entire server into a different language, so its impossible to play with your language on other servers

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
blizzard are cunning and have the languages on client side, so every server you join is in your language
goa think it is a good idea to translate the entire server into a different language, so its impossible to play with your language on other servers

I don't think it's GOA which decide wether the translation is server or client side but rather Mythic.

A

Aoln

Why dont they translate from American English to English ? lazy bastards make us wait for nothing :l

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Got to remmeber the UK servers arnt full of UK players they are mostly europeans who dont want to play on german and or french servers. Or they have english as their primary second language instead of french or german.

Frankly i dont mind waiting for patches in general we get patches that are better for us we can prepare for them much longer in advance than the poor americans that just get dumped with them :)

Dont see delays as a bad thing how many people have made chars to power level OR duo with new catacombs classes ? or guilds who have worked out how to fit one into a group.

Its not all bad delays happen, translation isnt the easiest thing to do either because you can get a lot of interpretation going wrong. (although the amerienglish could be sorted out with a decent spellchecker :D )

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I still fail to see what the problem with the wait is, after all, we get a much less bug free edition than the yanks do on first release of any patch. No I didnt say we get bug free, just less before anyone jumps on that ffs (yes you can take your finger off the reply button now!). For weeks after all patches the yanks are still applying "hot fixes" to them.

I will admit the delay these days does seem to be getting a little grim tho.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Same, I do prefere a bit of delay to be able to play in a less bugged game. It would be perfect if GoA would also use the delay to anticipate gaming problems and to counter negative trends, instead of pretending it may be different - but perfection is not of this world.

And I'm not 100% sure it's their fault, anyway ... the translation step is probably fast, but if every time they find a minor bug they have to relay the information to Mythic, which may be busy doing something else thus delaying it, then waiting for the patch and tests again, I can see how it can take a lot of time.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
we get a much less bug free edition than the yanks do on first release of any patch.
The truth is out!

E&E confesses to GOA actually adding bugs into our patches! :eek7:

Such drama...

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
In a previous discussion the reason given was that they do indeed use different hardware/architecture - precise details were left out. Why they should be using a different set-up is beyond me, it is precisely what you want to avoid. Must be the voltage differences ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom