Snow.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
can anyone expplain why first thing in the morning in london, they took off the buses and all but 2 of the underground routes? isnt that basically saying.. if u live in london.. gl getting to work?

was a danish guy on radio earlier saying he was pissing himself laughing... 4 inches of snow and the capital here grinds to a halt? if they done that in denmark the country would go bankrupt.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
ye the country lost £1.2bn it's been estimated cos we're so shit at dealing with a small amount of snow.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I'm always amazed by the "snow" threads made by U.K people every year. I don't think i ever missed a school day cause it had been snowing. How can it be so every year? Have you guys heard of the great invention the plow? :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
the what? :)

I tell you, he is the answer to all your prayers! :)

Mr_Plow.gif

Syri

FH is my second home
Someone posted a shot from the bbc website on another forum i read.
I swear i did not do this, though i wish i did!

Attachments

• webcam1780351zy2.jpg
    webcam1780351zy2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 42

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol lamp put a sprig of holly on top and i bet someone comes and takes a bite out of it.

I quite liked watching the news and seeing a snowey big ben, don't ask me what the news was i just look at the pictures tbh.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I'm always amazed by the "snow" threads made by U.K people every year. I don't think i ever missed a school day cause it had been snowing. How can it be so every year? Have you guys heard of the great invention the plow? :)

it only really snows properly in the south-east once every 2-3 years though so hardly worth having a fleet of snow plows on standby every winter for a rare event like this :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The most snow they've had in 18 years or so I've read..

Can't go to work because of 10cms of snow? What's the deal? Afraid of a bit of cold?

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Can't go to work because of 10cms of snow? What's the deal? Afraid of a bit of cold?

all the people responsible for clearing it up have been making snowmen instead :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy

It's so fucking ridiculous.

All the chelsea tractor 'school run' mums cant be arsed driving tomorow either so they are calling for all schools to be shut. Pissing me off something proper. GAH!
3000 are shut nationwide today. I don't know what the tubes are like today either, but I'm thinking, wtf! They are UNDERGROUND....

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I don't know what the tubes are like today either, but I'm thinking, wtf! They are UNDERGROUND....

Reminded me of this :D

Also wtf? Why aren't anyone clearing the snow? Where does your taxes go? Not spreading salt because it ruins cars or what?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It's so fucking ridiculous.

All the chelsea tractor 'school run' mums cant be arsed driving tomorow either so they are calling for all schools to be shut. Pissing me off something proper. GAH!
3000 are shut nationwide today. I don't know what the tubes are like today either, but I'm thinking, wtf! They are UNDERGROUND....

doesnt matter where they are if the drivers and staff cant get there though :p

sayward

Resident Freddy
Did I imagine the report of an artificial ski slope that had to close because of too much snow?

sayward

Resident Freddy
Well I have snow chains and a shovel in the back of mine!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oh dear, 4 young gals seriously hurt (one died i think) after sledging ...the police are consulting the health and safety people so expect a ban on sledging :(

Uara

Part of the furniture
More snow hitting the south-west this evening, apparently going to be 6-10cm of it during the night!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
oh dear, 4 young gals seriously hurt (one died i think) after sledging ...the police are consulting the health and safety people so expect a ban on sledging :(
so if someone puts on a safty harness and jumps of a cliff we ban safty harnesses ?

the yankie doodle ban logic really is hitting the euro mainland more and more isnt it ?

Ormorof

FH is my second home

they were riding the roof of an old landrover turned upside down and crashed into some wire fence, ban wire fencing imo! :p (and landrover roofs!)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i know i know its frigging stupid, kids will (and are supposed to) do stupid things, its how they learn and it also makes good stories to tell when (if) they grow up. plenty of people do stupid things all the time...like for example the guy who microwaved then proceeded to roger a water melon resulting in major burnage of the penix, did they ban microwaves? did they ban water melons? no.

people are stupid its what makes us human.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Snows set in Nottingham again. No uni, no work woot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom