Snippets of info

A

adslrizla

Just a bit of info for you guys who don't have access to the beta forums :

The beta servers are apparently being taken down on the 16th or at the very latest on the 17th. Converting that into UK time that means that they'll be gone by 06:00 on the 18th at the latest.

The US servers will come online on the 20th and European servers apparently come online on the 24th. No word on how many European servers there will be (or if there is I've missed it).

For anybody still undecided about whether to buy I suggest you go hammer the hell out of the game for the next 2-3 days. There are 60,000+ beta players and I reckon it'll take a while for the European servers to ramp up to anywhere near that, so battles may be few and far between at the start.

PS - Euro and US versions are compatible but as yet nobody is entirely sure whether you'll be able to use your European account to play on US servers. The current guess is probably not.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Not many players = single outfits capping continents, bah!

C

CliffyG

I'm pretty sure i read on the official forums that Euro players will be able to use US servers.

A

adslrizla

One of the community relations people said today that although there was no technical reason why you couldn't play on both, he believed that the different billing systems meant you wouldn't be able to do that. He was going to get back to the guy who asked but since he's US I doubt whether he will.

I suspect that neither Ubisoft or SOE would want you to do it - well not at the start anyway. They'll want each market to develop independently - otherwise all the Europeans will bog off to the more populated US servers, leaving the underpopulated Euro servers empty.

A

adslrizla

Update on beta servers :

Previously we had discussed taking down the servers as early as tonight, but we are delaying that until Saturday night, 5/17. Probably at midnight PST, but I'll try to make it 2AM or 3AM in the morning after most people have finished playing.
-Twist

So you have until 8-11am on the 18th peeps :)

Users who are viewing this thread