Sniff my network!

S

Summo

I need to get hold of a network sniffer and quickly, for use tomorrow. I've used SnifferPro 4.0 in the past and I hear that NeoTrace is good, but I wondered what you lovely peeps would recommend.

Okay, so this doesn't have a mass-appeal but I dare say some of you have sniffed enterprise LANs in the past. Right now I only need it for a relatively small LAN. I'll not be sniffing any WAN links.

Thanks guys! Wow!

L

legendario

What are you gonna do with it?

I like to know these things....and not because i work for the FBI.. ;)

S

Summo

We have a device on one of our remote networks which is causing broadcast storms (our router says so). The sudden spamming of traffic is slowing down the entire site LAN. I want to graphically examine the network traffic to identify which device it is and then smash it with a lump of 2x4.

I've decided to go with Sniffer Pro for now. I've used it before and it should show me what I need to see.

Thanks for your suggestions, peeps!

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Summo
We have a device on one of our remote networks which is causing broadcast storms (our router says so). The sudden spamming of traffic is slowing down the entire site LAN. I want to graphically examine the network traffic to identify which device it is and then smash it with a lump of 2x4.

I've decided to go with Sniffer Pro for now. I've used it before and it should show me what I need to see.

Thanks for your suggestions, peeps!

so, your pr0n-dvd downloader has been found ay?

:D

S

Summo

Eep! :uhoh:

Actually, having probs getting SnifferPro going. :( The latest evaluation copy available doesn't run on Win2000 (NAI don't do eval software for recent versions, for some reason) and the copy I 'acquired' last night requires registration with NAI servers.

I'm installing trial of Iris now, Vas. Thanks for that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread