Film Smokin' Aces 2: Assassin's Ball

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Without giving too much away, this is worth seeing just for the scene with the cannon. Glorious.

Its pretty mindless stuff, mostly being a rehash of the first film and has a wildly obvious twist but it passes agreeably enough. Not one I would go to the cinema to see but then I think its straight to DVD anyway.

Vinny Jones plays Vinny Jones again. He does this rather well.

The shootout in the bar is both fun and bad at the same time - these are supposed to be cunning, lethal and completely awesome assassins... and we have a fairly routine shoot-out. Great setup leading in to it but wasted on this bit. This seems to describe a lot of the film. It gets close to, but never quite hits the mark. A bit like the super-awesome assassins in it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The first one was one of the worst films i'd ever seen.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Avatar is decent. Pretty CGI. But otherwise just decent, not exceptional. Ol' man Cameron knows how to get bums on seats in cinemas, which is no mean feat. I respect a lot of what went into Avatar but other than the CGI, its no great shakes.

I clearly hit a nerve there by not singing its unreserved praises ;)

The Smokin' Aces films are simple trashy fun without any airs or graces and taken on that level, deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom