Smite Cleric RA's?

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Hi, i just respec'd my cleric to 45smite (loved it pre-1.87 but didnt like the short range, which now has been rectified)

my question is. what RA's are worth buying? ive got 76pts to use up currently.

Im mainly going to be solo 99% of the time, so maybe DI 1 or even drop it completely?

Im not CL10 yet, so i cant use the greater power thing, so im assuming mcl or serenity is needed to make up differance?

Also, what items are best for a template? mines currently geard towards rej/enh etc.

Thanks for Help
Maun

Himse

FH is my second home
Hi, i just respec'd my cleric to 45smite (loved it pre-1.87 but didnt like the short range, which now has been rectified)

my question is. what RA's are worth buying? ive got 76pts to use up currently.

Im mainly going to be solo 99% of the time, so maybe DI 1 or even drop it completely?

Im not CL10 yet, so i cant use the greater power thing, so im assuming mcl or serenity is needed to make up differance?

Also, what items are best for a template? mines currently geard towards rej/enh etc.

Thanks for Help
Maun

Well DI doesnt affect you so, useless. Unless they changed it.

I'd say moc is a must, u might wanna caps stats, including con + high hps :)

Melee resists, maybe even matter might be needed vs wl's and maulers (iirc?)

RA's: hm, if aug acu affects dmg get dmg ra's, moc3, purge 2 or 3, dex2-3.. :S BOF maybe too to help vs tanks

EvilDonut

Fledgling Freddie
How about:
MoC3, Purge2, WP3, Dex3, MoM1 (take to MoM3 next)

Or if you can do with only purge 1:
MoC3, Purge1, WP3, Dex3, MoM3, Acuity1 (take to acuity3 next)

I've never played a smite cleric so I'm not speaking from experience, but for any solo caster that is a decent load of RAs. I have MoC3 on my sorc and it is very nice for soloing, as long as you use it in time. Its my favourite RA for casters and the ones I play all have quickcast so I'd definitely go for it if i was a caster with no quickcast. MoC3 is very debatable for casters - some say its a waste but I love it.

Unfortunately none of those RAs will help you in melee, but if you get into a melee fight with a tank when MoC is down and instamezz is either down or resisted a little aug str or MoPain won't help you in the slightest, so I wouldn't bother at all.

If you're a solo cleric then I'd say lose DI completely - you shouldn't be joining groups if they expect you to be primary healer anyway really, any decent groups will have a reju cleric primary healer with DI and then invite you as a damage dealer. Even 5 points for DI1 is a bit of a waste for you, those points would be far better spent on damage passives :)

I don't think any of the active RAs other than purge and MoC will offer you much as a soloer. If you could get Ichor of the Deep (uninterruptable pbaoe root+DD) then I'd recommend that, but you can't :(

For the points you make after 7L6 I'd recommend that every single one go into the 3 damage passives and dex.

I'm not sure about this but it may be worth getting MoFocus 2 to raise the effective level (for outright resist purposes) of your insta CCs. There would be nothing worse than having the mezz or snare resisted just when you needed it, and the snare is only lvl39 so MoFocus would take it to effective lvl48. If you don't want to spend points on this then get a focal mythirian - the greater one if poss, my sorc has one and it works very well - they are equivalent to MoFocus 4! One of those would boost all of your spells to effective level 50 for outright resists.

All of this advice is for solo casters in general, not having played a high RR smite cleric I couldn't say for sure what works though.

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Try to get hold of Haddaway, smite speced from RR1-RR7 think he has tried every RA setup there is. (aka Beltorak on FH)

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
I have worked through 5 RAs setup and 2 templates and its very much personal preference/playstyle in my opinion. Here are MY choice of importance:

0. MoC3 (combined with rr5 is very nice)
1. LW1 (you need to kite)
2. Dex3+ (i am brition with 15+ at creation)
3. MoM3+
4. WP3+
5. Purge (LOL but its true) you need the dps prior to purge

RAs NOT to get:
BoF - waste , use Warguard instead + (Battler maybe)
DI - Doesnt even affect you

Supplemntary RAs are:
Aug Auc
Wild heal
Aug con

I switch Mythrians btw. Got a +8 aucity atm but looking for dex one, and use power after fights.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
I know what it is... but Haddaway mentioned using it instead of BoF. U mean clerics can be wl ?

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Well .. give me access weapon spec + static tempest RA and i would sell my Warlord spec anyday :)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Nah...just think u already got 25weap without speccing it (i think :p). and ST is good..but not better than warlord... give banelord or at least warlord .. QQ !!! hehe

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Y..if its like anything like shammy, i read on viking VN that its like that. Was on the tests about thane weapskill and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom