Smartheap Memory Problem

Hypoxia

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

Just downloaded the 14 day trial and ran it. Initially, I got a gfx bug so I updated gfx driver (ATI 9100 card) and installed windows service pack 2.

Anyway I can get to log in now but I keep getting this:

"Smartheap Library please free some memory".

Incidentally, I also now get this when booting up the pc:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on ok to terminate the application."

and since installing the ati catalyst driver, the ati support folder also opens on start up which is a bit annoying.

The pc Im using is new ish but not exactly a gaming machine. Anyone able to solve some or all of my problems?

:worthy:

Memph1s

Fledgling Freddie
delete something from your computer :) its clearly you dont have enough space left on it :)

tell if that dont work :)

Hypoxia

Fledgling Freddie
got over 80m gb

deleted a large file but as I suspected it didnt make any difference

Do I just need more ram or is there a way I can manage the ram I have?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Oddly enough this refers to a graphical problem- something to do with incorrext image sizes.

Anyway, as you said you've got the 14-day free trial, I'm assuming you're in Shrouded Isles or ToA - sadly neither of those are supported with the 9100 series and so they MAY not work. They aren't deffinitely NOT working either but it seems like in this case, it just won't have it.:mad:

The good news however is if you take the plunge and buy Catacombs, it'll work as the 9100 was added to the list of supported cards. :)

Phil.

Hypoxia

Fledgling Freddie
You're almost right but I actually saw your post after I fixed it!

I had cata on the account already.

I fixed the memory problem by increasing the page memory thingy - laggy as hell but just about playable solo in TDs which is fine for now.

The problem with the other error messages still exists and I think it's something to do with net 1.1. not being installed as its a requirement for ATI catalyst.

Any more ideas?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Weird!

Good job tho :)

For the other problem, there are two versions of the Cat drivers around atm. One that needs Net to install and one that doesn't (I think). I think the one that needs Net installed has all the fancy icons and shit. I tried that and it pissed me off big time - however on ATIs homepage there's asecond set of Cat drivers like the old style ones that don't need all that crap installed.

Maybe try those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom