Small laptop...

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Well since the battery for my old laptop has died. I've desided to buy a new laptop. But can't make up my mind...

It needs to be as small physical as possible(maximum 12").
Decent wireless.
And able to do school work, random surf and play music/video.

I've been looking at the macbooks - but think it is going over the top a bit. So if anybody knows about some cheap small laptops please do let me know.
What about the Asus Eee perhaps?

Rep's will be given ofc.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I have a MacBook and it's absolutely splendid. I love the ~4h active (that was when I worked with Power Point with WLAN off and Bluetooth off) and ~8h passive battery (occasional use only etc.)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I would say, don't buy anything marketted/brand-y/etc.

But, that's ofcourse personal choice.

Computer store->cash->"make laptop nice thank joo"

Seems to work.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Btw, I had an ASUS before, so has my brother and a friend of mine. They're generally rather good quality wise and if something breaks, you get it fixed quickly with a nice service.....BUT! they make a lot of noise and if you're in a lecture you don't really want others to think that you have a fan on your desk :p

So before you buy any ASUS product, make sure you check it before and are allowed to use the computer at least 30mins (and really use it a lot to check how much sound it makes)

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Cool I'll remember that. First I need to see the Asus Eee for sale... Think I'll wait for that to happen. Pen and paper untill I guess hehe

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If you have to go branded look at the small form factor Dell laptops, the iBook is vastly over-priced still.

Acer are pretty nice, but I wouldn't call them small!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom