Small bit of population info.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
release Savage Conclave on the alb zerg ... sorted ;P
Dunno about SC but Team Conclave often go to fight the alb zerg when we cant find any FG action :)

Oh and other than us I very rarely see a grouped skald in mid which is a shame as tbh I personally would hate to not run with a skald even if it is gimpo Tesla ....... who we lubs dearly ofc :fluffle:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I guess you have no clue, if'd you have some you'd know that Mids can always perma sprint and that they indeed run Skalds.

So Bard/Skald SoS and Bard/Healer insta AoE and speedwarp indeed >>> bolt range mezz.

Especially since mezz can be like already said SoS'ed, group purged, purged, demezzed.

If you run on a flat world without ever losing speed it doesn't matter, but it's never like that.

Healers and Shammies are still the best support while a Sorc is a good caster among others. :touch:

I know we've not usually/ever run with a mincer/skald but there is absolutely no problem in sprinting with either mid or alb groups. We do it every single run with both realms on caster speed and rarely get any problems. In fact, I often end up joining PuGs and sprint by mistake out of reflex :( This is of course, not gonna happen with no TS/vent up though...

Sorcs have by far the better mezz if the groups hit head on or if the alb group hits from the side. Healers have the better mezz if each group hits from the side or the mid group flanks in general. It can be argued that a perfectly played sorc with a perfect connection should never loose the mezz but to be honest, if such a player existed, they'd never loose the mezz on a healer either...

Healers in general should recover from loosing the mezz war better as well, compared to a sorc, which generally balances things out.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sorcs have by far the better mezz if the groups hit head on or if the alb group hits from the side. Healers have the better mezz if each group hits from the side or the mid group flanks in general. It can be argued that a perfectly played sorc with a perfect connection should never loose the mezz but to be honest, if such a player existed, they'd never loose the mezz on a healer either...

In a flat plain, anyway.

I found in emain we often met Mid groups when emerging from water, where because you are on top of each other, speed pwns range.

Darzil

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
In a flat plain, anyway.

I found in emain we often met Mid groups when emerging from water, where because you are on top of each other, speed pwns range.

Darzil

True, but thats called positioning and using teh landscape. When the 8vs8 scene in agramon whas still strong and i hade to bard, i rarely would run on the roads there (duh)... :p

Anyways do also realise that those insta's are down most of the time, that mids have a lot more (insta's), then just the bards aoe and single one.

Mids and Albs regulary run without the highest speed, where as Hib will always have to have a bard (Option wise).

Not only is the sorc mezz 1875 base range, but it's on a caster class aswell. 390+ dex > the ~330dex of the healer/bard.

Bard's have to get the endurance chant up (still, but it wouldnt be a bard without it) and is the only demezzer of the group (usually no ments). Same for the Albs (sorc), where as Mid's got demezz in the healer baseline, so 2 or sometimes even 3!

Bard has insta aoe and single lull on a low timer. Though its debatable on how good lull is, post ToA.

Anyways, won't say something is better then the other. They are all good in their own situations. It's up too you to get into that favourable spot.

Good luck!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
To clearify before people start whinging again.

Tuthmes said:
Mids and Albs regulary run without the highest speed, where as Hib will always have to have a bard (Option wise).

In other words, Mids and Albs don't need to have an skald or mincer in their group, for it to work. (end pots).

The bard is so essential for a hib group, cause its the mezzer, the demezzer, speed provider and endurance provider. Where as in Mid or Alb this is divided amongst different char's. You can't take the bard out and make a hib group work, unless you wanne go on chanter/warden spd alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom