64 (NONE ANON) ppl in Midgard
??%
Hibernia is underpopulated realm.
-------------------------
Life is pain.

Corrected it for you.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i think Haldar`s statement is true, but Golena`s remark holds true too.

mid`s are at an all time low.

as an alb, the rvr situation at the moment seems a bit like :

if we go to mid, we can only PVE keeps (at 10 PM !!!) with an occasional defender. no fun. mids don`t want to play at the moment. seems strange to me, must be enough mids around to make a decent group to farm the alb zerg, but it isn`t happening !

if we go hib, our zerg gets wtfpawned way too fast by a hibzerg as soon as we do anything else than camp a bridge. seems hibs have found the famous alb `insta summone zerg` button right now...

i guess it`s kinda nice to see a realm jump to the defense so eager and willingly. their efficiancy works a bit frustrating on the albs though.

laby is mostly empty, i miss the crazy action from the first week there really.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
if we go to mid, we can only PVE keeps (at 10 PM !!!) with an occasional defender. no fun. mids don`t want to play at the moment. seems strange to me, must be enough mids around to make a decent group to farm the alb zerg, but it isn`t happening !

Have you logged into mid recently, how do you know there is enough people? Even if there were enough people what makes you think they would just want to farm zergs?

Its not fun fighting around towers/keeps/bridges as a mid. Albs have longer range CC and monster rez, Hibs have bainshees and shrooms. Its hard enough to win against these lame tactics with even numbers even worse when you are outnumbered.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
One problem is the cluster itself.

For instance many Mid toons on Excalibur have Hib toons on Prydwen, with Hib having 2 mid relics and iRvR in their frontier, those Mids are now playing Hib. There's nothing wrong with that either, players want the 10% bonus.

Give the relics back that twat Horner PvEd for the Hibs, and Hibs ditch iRvR in Emain then you may see Mids regain numbers again.

Mids have been saying for years that Albs will not have anything to kill due to their lame PvE raids, now it's come true...shame the Albs were too stupid and short sighted to do anything about it....:(

Blindguardian, Kagato, Kzn, Horner, MulyPvEtrix etc I applaud you, well done for defeating Mids! I always thought Albs were tossers and now we know they do prefer to play with themselves! :)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Have you logged into mid recently, how do you know there is enough people? Even if there were enough people what makes you think they would just want to farm zergs?

Its not fun fighting around towers/keeps/bridges as a mid. Albs have longer range CC and monster rez, Hibs have bainshees and shrooms. Its hard enough to win against these lame tactics with even numbers even worse when you are outnumbered.

And what about BD's, warlocks, valks etc?

Each realm has tools that are situational, don't blame the tools simply because you don't know how to use them.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Nerfed to the point that they don't make a difference anymore, getting nerfed into oblivion in 1.87 and I'm sure the Valks that are currently still playing will get their share of nerfage in one of the upcoming patches.

Anything else?

I do agree that Midgard has plenty of interesting classes - and that it isn't so much the classes at the moment, but the fact that the Midgard spirit had it's back broken in several places. You should realised that those Mids that are currently playing Albion or, more likely, Hibernia, are not coming back. I had my eyes opened when levelling a Blademaster on Avalon. The sickening ease with which the Hibs can do XPing and MLraid is mindboggeling, if you're used to Midgard. Why come back to Midgard when it's so much easier in Hibernia/Albion?

Personally, I don't really like playing Avalon/German (though I don't have any problems with the language. Hibernia gives me the creeps). I play it only on Thursday evenings because my set group moved there, but you won't find me there otherwise. But I can't blame them for not coming back, because Mythic really did screw up a great many things, and a quick trip to the other realms is a real eye opener.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
And what about BD's, warlocks, valks etc?

Each realm has tools that are situational, don't blame the tools simply because you don't know how to use them.

I don't play mid anymore. I play hib on Avalon, the most dangerous thing mids have in keep take situations is Agron (he is the rr13 runie) AOE spearing everybody for 600...

I was in a group in the laby with two bainshees in. We got 150k rp in 4 hours. I went from rr3L1 to rr4 in that evening. I am sure you will agree that the reason we got those realm points was down to skill alone.

@ Darqs nice of you to take edit what I said and then take it out of context.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Yea next patch mid deffo needs Underpopulation bonus :D

I have alts on mid and it is really at an all time low atm :(

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
i think Haldar`s statement is true, but Golena`s remark holds true too.

I dont see a reason for Mids to be /anon except for personal preference. That's not a relic raid going u see.

Other ppl noted above already - Midgard as a realm is severely gimped in siege situations. No petspam. No monster rezz. No shrooms. No banshees. Prenerf (2nd one. im not even talking about 1st one!) warlocks were a good counter to all of it - by having good range (50/20 or, even better, 43/30 spec) and able to frog snare zombie rezzed. Now warlocks are gutted and almost extinct.

I know that Midgard can muster a good setup for a 8man - but this hardly does anything good in keepfights. And with low amount of ppl....10 Mids simply can not defend Blend vs 30 attacking Albs, like it was 2 days ago. And this gimped SB, being alone, cant do shit vs air pets(or that was ice? dont remember) who cast on gates, cant cover all climbpoints and kick down incoming Armsmen, and cant destroy a damn ram, bcoz siege mine is bugged and works 50% of the time...

What will happen now - i think that cluster will simply die. Mids' exodus will continue, and Albs and Hibs will grow bored of each other - and leave it too. I strongly beleive that ppl who rvr in daoc do it due to 1 simple, but powerful reason - 3 sides fighting. Elimination of 1 side turns daoc to wow. And all who wanted moving to wow - done it already.

And after that - Dyver will get clustered with some other server. I dont think they'll wipe all characters. There have been precedent already - with Japan server getting added to some US cluster.

But at least for now - as SB, i've got enough enemies to kill.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

what makes you think i have mid chars ?

all info i have about other realms is second hand at best.

after over 5 years, we still won`t agree what is the best, bolt range mezz or insta ae stun..

imho, 1500 range insta makes a joke of 1850 range castable.

it takes less than 1 sec to move 350 range.

insta gives as much as an extra 1 sec advantage over castable in laggy rvr conditions.

you can delete bolt range mezz from sorcs if mid and hibs are prepared to give up insta CC ;) imho. but i think mids and hibs prefer their insta CC over sorcs losing their bolt range mezz (when they spec for it)

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
what makes you think i have mid chars ?

all info i have about other realms is second hand at best.

after over 5 years, we still won`t agree what is the best, bolt range mezz or insta ae stun..

imho, 1500 range insta makes a joke of 1850 range castable.

it takes less than 1 sec to move 350 range.

insta gives as much as an extra 1 sec advantage over castable in laggy rvr conditions.

you can delete bolt range mezz from sorcs if mid and hibs are prepared to give up insta CC ;) imho. but i think mids and hibs prefer their insta CC over sorcs losing their bolt range mezz (when they spec for it)

You are an idiot sometimes, in siege (which is what we are talking about) where a Healer can't go outside battlements the lack of range is a big nerf....and you need to add 10% TOA range bonus, 2035 v 1650 (385 loc).

This "ooo you can travel 350 in < than 1 second..." yeah fg v fg in open where the healer is also running with a Skald...Skalds are fecking rare.

Healer is mezzed before it can get stun off, they are 10% as many Healers as they are Sorcs, Sorcs are easy Mode FoTM, Healers are not.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
I was in a group in the laby with two bainshees in. We got 150k rp in 4 hours. I went from rr3L1 to rr4 in that evening. I am sure you will agree that the reason we got those realm points was down to skill alone.

well camped

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
You are an idiot sometimes, in siege (which is what we are talking about) where a Healer can't go outside battlements the lack of range is a big nerf....and you need to add 10% TOA range bonus, 2035 v 1650 (385 loc).

This "ooo you can travel 350 in < than 1 second..." yeah fg v fg in open where the healer is also running with a Skald...Skalds are fecking rare.

Healer is mezzed before it can get stun off, they are 10% as many Healers as they are Sorcs, Sorcs are easy Mode FoTM, Healers are not.

I guess you have no clue, if'd you have some you'd know that Mids can always perma sprint and that they indeed run Skalds.

So Bard/Skald SoS and Bard/Healer insta AoE and speedwarp indeed >>> bolt range mezz.

Especially since mezz can be like already said SoS'ed, group purged, purged, demezzed.

If you run on a flat world without ever losing speed it doesn't matter, but it's never like that.

Healers and Shammies are still the best support while a Sorc is a good caster among others. :touch:

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
Last couple of weeks it was 40-50 mids online every evening. Bokkerijders wanted to keep on rvr-ing on sunday and tuesday evenings on Mid/Exc but the total lack of population on Dyvet made us move to Avalon as a guild.

So for now you won't see any Bokkerijders again on mid (except to pay houserent). We have moved to Hib/Avalon as a guild.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Sorcs are easy Mode FoTM, Healers are not.

fyi, healers are the most overpowered healer/cc class out there.
healer>druid>sorc
healer>bard>sorc

we have insta aoe mezz&stun, insta single mezz&stun. then ofc we have ml9,fz, di , moc, purge, demezz - and that is alone the pac healer. how about that aug healer? :eek:

healer has so much utility that its frightful. however your statement only holds true if the person playing the healer is a good player.

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie

release Savage Conclave on the alb zerg ... sorted ;P

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
well camped

We didn't camp (much), we roamed between the alb and mid staircases tyvm! My job was to taunt mobs/guards off Donnheilo.

Can people please leave the healer vs sorc arguments. There is ZERO open field RvR left on Dyvet. Longer range is an advantage in seige situations which is all that is left. The lack of mids playing on dyvet is a clear indication that it is harder in mid. Do you have a better explanation?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Can people please leave the healer vs sorc arguments. There is ZERO open field RvR left on Dyvet. Longer range is an advantage in seige situations which is all that is left. The lack of mids playing on dyvet is a clear indication that it is harder in mid. Do you have a better explanation?

So is it an indication or explaintion now? I am confused. Mids don't play, that's it. No point in trying to prove it has to do something with class or realm balance, you will just fail.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I guess you have no clue, if'd you have some you'd know that Mids can always perma sprint and that they indeed run Skalds.

So Bard/Skald SoS and Bard/Healer insta AoE and speedwarp indeed >>> bolt range mezz.

Especially since mezz can be like already said SoS'ed, group purged, purged, demezzed.

If you run on a flat world without ever losing speed it doesn't matter, but it's never like that.

Healers and Shammies are still the best support while a Sorc is a good caster among others. :touch:

Sorc, Cabby, Wizz, Theur all got 1875 range, which >>> the rest. Just need to learn how to position yourself.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Sorc, Cabby, Wizz, Theur all got 1875 range, which >>> the rest. Just need to learn how to position yourself.

You didn't get it, or? Perma-sprinting Skald/Bard speed groups with SoS on inc make the range advantage obsolete.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You didn't get it, or? Perma-sprinting Skald/Bard speed groups with SoS on inc make the range advantage obsolete.

First off, get your facts straight. Have many mid groups run skalds, hmm? And trust me, even if a hib group would have 2 bards, they hardly ever sprint with it. It goes wrong quick uc.

Secondly, teh perma sprint goes for albs too, mincer + pally. In any case, the insta has its advantages (can whip it of quickly in case of emergy), but in a normal/usual situation (where you pay attention ^^) your sorc mezz > the insta's. Not even to mention l8r on in the fight, where the healer/bard is without its insta's and the sorc is interrupting from 1875 range.

Learn to spread on inc for once. Learn to pan for once.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Please tell us the spell that allows towers and keeps to move at skald sped + sprint. Also please explain how you target people standing behind battlements etc.

Don't talk about open field combat when there is none.

And please explain why it seems mid always suffers the most when the population gets low? Glastonbury is a prime example of what can happen and dyvet is following suit.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
And please explain why it seems mid always suffers the most when the population gets low? Glastonbury is a prime example of what can happen and dyvet is following suit.

I don't know. The impression I always had from board posts from Mids was that they always waited til they had a well balanced group before going out in rvr. In Alb pugs were often badly balanced. This tended to make the Alb groups a bit sucky in comparison. With low population, though, a badly balanced Alb pug is a lot easier to make than a well balanced Mid one.

When people can't play what they want to play (rvr or pve) they often just log, making the situation more extreme (I'll lay heavy bets the % of people who log off within 30 minutes in Mid is currently higher than Alb or Hib, if they didn't, you'd see a noticably bigger population).

Darzil

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
"Fade away, fade away
Vanish into small
Fade away, fade away
Break the crystal ball - oh!

It's the sign
Feels like the time!

On a small world, west of wonder
Somwhere, nowhere all
There's a rainbow that will shimmer
When the summer falls
If an echo darts in dancer
When it hears a certain song
Then the beast is free to wander
But never is seen around

And it's the sign of the southern cross
It's the sign of the southern cross
All right
Sail away
To the sign
Ohh":mad:

Seems most are here on the forums to wait for the official date of the funeral of the english cluster:confused:

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
We didn't camp (much), we roamed between the alb and mid staircases tyvm! My job was to taunt mobs/guards off Donnheilo.

yip i know, bet levi and andy could do that while sleeping by now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom