Sluggish !

W

Wij

I move my mouse and about half a second later the game responds. I mean wtf ???!? *whine*

Anybody else have this problem ?

I'm on an XP 1800, 1gig PC2100, GF3 running at 1024x768 medium texture detail (those textures are ugleh btw.) The game is very jerky and the frame rate is poo but it's the laggy response that is really annoying me.

Also the sounds stutter and the speech often just ends mid sentence.

Help0r :(

/edit: this is just in the Single-Player campaign btw.

T

throdgrain

Wij Im on a XP2600 1 gig pc2700 GF4 ti 4400 and I run it at 800-600 / medium textures.
Thats what I was griping about in the other thread ...

/edit Ive read the speech ending half way through is known bug, not you btw

W

Wij

Speach seems fixed by turning off Hardware Sound. The mouse still lags though. Even when the framerate is high. Does anyone else get this ?

M

mclaren

I also experience problems with the game slowing down!

I run on a P4 1.8 Ghz,256mb ram and a Geforce 4200 titanium 128 mb. so that's wey more than the game requiere's!!!!

Is there a patch or something for this or is the game just made not to run on today's excisting computer's???
]

M

MartokSC

Well I am running
AMD3000XP
1gig Ram
GeForce FX5600 and suffering dreadful problems.

I was running the game 1280x1024 And High everything and it was slow i took it down to the lowest and it still happened.

Basically Microsoft having rendering issues with the game.

To make it playable go to ur GeFoce Properties and turn Anti Analising to the far left as well as Antistophic Filtering.
Turn VSYC to Always Off and set defaults to direct 3d.

In the shortcut find the target and type -useff. The last part should look like Halo.exe" -useff.

Now start the game up and and turn VSYC on and the game should run fine.

I also messed around with woth other rendering options and i got my FX to use -use11 but i dont know about ur cards.

If u wanna try u could try -use14 but mine didnt work hope this sorts ur problem out.

S

Sawtooth

Read the tech faq.

Anything above 800X 600 is really going to be tough even for a Athlon 3000. Given it ran badly on the XBOX at 600X res its no surprise really.

You should disable antialiasing. Also for online games put -use11 or -use14 in the command line to force more appropriate rendering pipeline. I'm getting 50-60 fps now and no lag.

Its not been that much of a buggy game as far as I can see. They even have warning messages telling you what the problem is - you dont get with normal games so at least you know what the problem is. For instance I got one saying disable anti-aliasing et voila --it worked fine.

P

Panda On Smack

MartokSC = Win tbh

did what you said and its spot on now, nice one :)

much more enjoyable now @ 1600 x 1200

M

MartokSC

No Problem.
U loose a bit of the quality of the graphics but at least its playable.

Just show how Microsoft didnt put much time in for our high end pcs.

C

CliffyG

Runs fine on my rig too, have max settings and never drop below 30 fps. AA actually does nothing to the game though other than make it slower so turn it off.

If i make any changes in the ATI control panel it misses out a shedload of textures though :(:

www.cliff-jodie.co.uk/sig/halo1.jpg

Not a very well coded game but quite fun none the less. Probably sell it when Call of Duty comes out anyway.

T

Testin da Cable

it all runs fine with me at 1024x768, with some jumpyness at 1280X1024. The "slow" feel drives me up the wall though :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom