Sluggish page loads?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is it just me? I had some internet issues last week so put it down to that but that's all fixed now and the pages just sometimes take a while to load (not all the time, it's just sometimes not as instant as you'd expect and the loading icon keeps going around for tens of seconds sometimes). I'm sure there used to be a "page loaded in x seconds" notification in the footer but it's not htere any more.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is it just me? I had some internet issues last week so put it down to that but that's all fixed now and the pages just sometimes take a while to load (not all the time, it's just sometimes not as instant as you'd expect and the loading icon keeps going around for tens of seconds sometimes). I'm sure there used to be a "page loaded in x seconds" notification in the footer but it's not htere any more.
I've not experienced any slowdowns. The thing you mention is a debug mode and has not been enabled for many years.

Next time the loading icon appears quickly press F12 and make sure the network tab is highlighted, then when it finishes loading you can see what took the time.

Most of the content is served directly from forums.freddyshouse.com and not CDNs. There are some things which are served from external domains.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not noticed anything like that here, FYI

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It looks like uBlock Origin was blocking various things. All external stuff, socket.streamable.com on this page, various twitter addresses on pages with embedded tweets etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom