Slow Loading

T

TB_Conquest

I have some problems when I play DAoC.
When I log in to the game,it loads VERY fast,nothing to complain about,but when I'm playing,and I have to port to Odins or to DF or smt like that,my second PC (1200 mhz) loads faster,my grp is fully buffed by the buffbots and eb,haste,pot,.. when I'm finally able to move...
I have a AMD Barton 2800+
1024 PC3200 DDR RAM
Matrox 120GB 8mb cache Hard Disk and a
Geforce4 Ti4200 64MB
I have all the lastest drivers,does anyone have an idea what it could be?
I had the same problem on my old PC,I bought a new one,all new parts except for the Motherboard and the Videocard,but don't wanna buy a new Videocard because it works fine in the other games I play (Unreal Tournament,Call of Duty,..)
Anyone here who had the same problems and was able to fix them?
BTW:I did the test and it takes me 7 seconds from filling and the passwords to my account and click ok to be able to move in game,but when I wanna go in Darkness Falls,it takes me 27 seconds,and about the double when I port to Emain/Odins..

My CPU usage when I play DAoC is 98,100% and 570 ram usage with Teamspeak,MSN,mIRC and DAoC running,so that shouldn't be the problem:)

B

boni_ofdavoid

you say you have chaned everything but motherboard and graphics card... Thats kind of makes me think that one of these two is at fault.

Hardware wise your motheboards agp slot might be a bit fecked or you need up to date drivers for it (but tbh i think thats remote).

More likely video card drivers are your problem. Do you used the detonator drivers straight fron nvidia, they should be fine , but if you use anything else I would change to these.

L

liste

pff, 27 seconds oO

takes some people 1+ minute :p

T

tildson

second comp got win xp or win98? if then, thats the answer

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by TB_Conquest
I have some problems when I play DAoC.
When I log in to the game,it loads VERY fast,nothing to complain about,but when I'm playing,and I have to port to Odins or to DF or smt like that,my second PC (1200 mhz) loads faster,my grp is fully buffed by the buffbots and eb,haste,pot,.. when I'm finally able to move...
I have a AMD Barton 2800+
1024 PC3200 DDR RAM
Matrox 120GB 8mb cache Hard Disk and a
Geforce4 Ti4200 64MB
I have all the lastest drivers,does anyone have an idea what it could be?
I had the same problem on my old PC,I bought a new one,all new parts except for the Motherboard and the Videocard,but don't wanna buy a new Videocard because it works fine in the other games I play (Unreal Tournament,Call of Duty,..)
Anyone here who had the same problems and was able to fix them?
BTW:I did the test and it takes me 7 seconds from filling and the passwords to my account and click ok to be able to move in game,but when I wanna go in Darkness Falls,it takes me 27 seconds,and about the double when I port to Emain/Odins..

My CPU usage when I play DAoC is 98,100% and 570 ram usage with Teamspeak,MSN,mIRC and DAoC running,so that shouldn't be the problem:)

Its called Defragmentation.

not your hdd but your RAM ;p

There are several things you can do help this.

1. Quit DAoC and reload it when its starts to get really bad.
2. Play DAoC with as little as possible programs in the background.
3. Pop onto the web site below and download Hare.

http://www.dachshundsoftware.com/download.html

Hare is small program that runs in the background. It increases system operation performance by using some nifty tricks. You can also set it up to defrag your RAM when it gets really bad (It only takes a few seconds ;p)

Been using it 2 weeks now and i`ve noticed a huge performance boost in game since then. I used to have to relog every hour or so just to get my FPS back up and loading speed good again, but since i started using this i dont have to do it anymore ;p

O

osy

Quite a nice proggy there... Valuable add to my pc, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom