Slightly confused

B

BlitheringIdiot

The leveling system slightly confuses me. I'd appreaciate it if you could explain a few things.

Ok so lets say I want to be a ranger, I get to lvl30 as a warrior then once doing the quest and switching jobs I have to start at level1 again?

Does this mean I could get to 70 in 4 jobs that I particularly liked then switch between them depending on how I feel, whenever I feel like it?

If I get a lvl70 ranger and warrior and have warrior as a sub-job will it still be at 70 or will it go down to 35, and if it goes down to 35 will that be permanent or will it go back up if i switch to warrior as main job.

Or have I completely missed the point of everything? :eek:

W

Whisperess

"Ok so lets say I want to be a ranger, I get to lvl30 as a warrior then once doing the quest and switching jobs I have to start at level1 again?"
Yep. But with additional warrior perks from having it as a subjob. ( for instance provoke at ranger(10)/warrior(5) )

"Does this mean I could get to 70 in 4 jobs that I particularly liked then switch between them depending on how I feel, whenever I feel like it?"
Yep - only limitation is that you switch in your Mog house.

"If I get a lvl70 ranger and warrior and have warrior as a sub-job will it still be at 70 or will it go down to 35, and if it goes down to 35 will that be permanent or will it go back up if i switch to warrior as main job."
It'll be a ranger(70)/warrior(35). No experience is lost when changing main/sub job - so let's take the fictional example of switching to warrior/white mage afterwards, it would be warrior(70)/white mage(whatever level you had but capped at 35).

Hope that helped somewhat :)

C

Cush

Teoreticly you can level every job in the game to 70. But you are only allowed to keep a Main and a Sub job active.

Main=How far you leveld that job
Sub=50% of the main job as highest

You need to get to your moogle house to be able to change jobs.

And say you are to make a ranger.
You level your warrior to level 30 then swap job and take ranger as main job.
You are level 1 again.
When you hit level 4 you get access to what you have as a level 2 warrior aswell, and so on.

(and nerf whisperss for typing at the same time as me :()

O

old.Dillinja

So, you've got it already BI? Tell me everything, class, name server etc. ;)

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Cush
Teoreticly you can level every job in the game to 70. But you are only allowed to keep a Main and a Sub job active.
What do you mean by active? If I have 3 jobs at 70 and I only ever play two of them, what will happen to the third?

I want to be a taru ranger with warrior (or possibly ninja) subjob, unfortunately they are gimped as hell as a race so I was trying to find out if its possible for me to then level up as a bard afterward. Just in case I do really suck as a taru ranger. That way I can switch between the two depending on how I feel.

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
So, you've got it already BI? Tell me everything, class, name server etc. ;)
No not yet, I'm just very excited. :D

W

Whisperess

"What do you mean by active? If I have 3 jobs at 70 and I only ever play two of them, what will happen to the third?"
It'll be dormant until you decide to use it.

"I want to be a taru ranger with warrior (or possibly ninja) subjob, unfortunately they are gimped as hell as a race so I was trying to find out if its possible for me to then level up as a bard afterward. Just in case I do really suck as a taru ranger. That way I can switch between the two depending on how I feel."
Pick a race you can stand looking at for a long long time. Tarutaru's aren't gimped, there's nothing you can't fix with some good gear in the end - and you don't have to max everything to the fullest extent possible.

It's not that kind of game.

B

BlitheringIdiot

I cant see how it wont become 'that kind of game' but I'm happy to believe you. Those taru have such cute ickle noses!

Thanks for the help :)

O

old.Dillinja

I am going to be a galka or hume Dark Knight Warrior. :D

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
I cant see how it wont become 'that kind of game'
No PK. Nothing to 'prove' and by maintaining that I hope that the elitists stay away.

Not even the PvP expansion that's coming next year involve PK. It's "conquest-related player vs. player battles (not PK)" to quote the official website. Not sure what the limbo areas are though.

S

Sharma

There isnt a real possible way to "cap all stats and be teh uberest"
There is no spellcrafting of any sort, although you can craft your own gear and use alchemy (not the DAoC kind of Alchemy) there will be no mega uber way to cap all stats and i fgs hope its not possible.
People quoting facts and figures to me in a game im trying to enjoy piss me off too much.
The best armour from what ive heard is Artifact armour, sorta like an epic if you catch my drift.

S

Sharma

nope, zero duels. Its a fully co-op based game, so theres no way to enlarge your E-penis by saying "see him? i wtfpwned him in a duel, hes a gimp".

Which is what i saw day and night in DAoC when duels came about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom