slideshow apps

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I'm building my companies website and i want an app, that when the viewer clicks on a gallery it opens up a picture viewer, ie, they can click on the pic to take them to the next one, or there is a 'next/previous' button for them to click on

I'm using WYSIWYG web builder, and yes i know its a bit crapy as a web building software, but i dont 'get' HTML and this software is drag and drop and it converts it all for you

Anyway is there any available that any of you know of?

Cheers

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
There are a few ways, depending on your ambition. You could create the slideshow in Flash (and there are plenty of tools that let you convert ppt files to swf), but then you'd need to learn about Flash (not too difficult). There are also plenty of javascript options to create slideshows (you just turn each slide into a jpg and the script does the rest); I used one of those scripts on my wedding photos site over ten years ago (no flickr in those days).

The other option would be to create your powerpoint, stick it on Slideshare (Upload & Share PowerPoint presentations and documents), which will re-encode it, and then embed the resultant object back on to your site Youtube-style.

Edmond

Thanks Gaff, i have found one within the software i have, but its very clunky when the photo change. Either the files are too big, or my shit BT connection makes it that way

I will have a look at what you said to see if i can refine it a bit

Cheers

Edmond

Bumping this old thread

Does anyone have any experience with WYSIWYG, i'm trying to add a PDF link to a page, but cant work it out. Been through all the help topics, but drawing a blank

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You're trying to link to a pdf hosted somewhere on t'inter? What's not working?

Edmond

Ahh....I was trying to just put it onto the page i was building from the file I have on the PC. Do I need to host it and point to it then?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah just upload it wherever you're hosting the site's files and link to it. If you're trying to just put whats in the pdf on your site you could use a pdf editor to open it and copy the stuff out of it into whatever wysiwyg editor you're using.

Edmond

Yeah just upload it wherever you're hosting the site's files and link to it. If you're trying to just put whats in the pdf on your site you could use a pdf editor to open it and copy the stuff out of it into whatever wysiwyg editor you're using.

Cool, thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom