Slide scanning

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I just got some slides developed, and would like to scan them. Does anybody know a good service (like jessops etc) that would put them onto a cd-rom at hi-res for me?

I've considered buying a scanner, but the ones on e-bay tend not to work with xp.

I've also tried scanning them on my flatbed a4 scanner, and no, it doesn't work!

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
I just got some slides developed, and would like to scan them. Does anybody know a good service (like jessops etc) that would put them onto a cd-rom at hi-res for me?

I've considered buying a scanner, but the ones on e-bay tend not to work with xp.

I've also tried scanning them on my flatbed a4 scanner, and no, it doesn't work!
My Epson scanner has a lightbox backlight thingie for scanning slides, if you're considering a new scanner it might be worth having a lookie for one of Epsons Pefection range, which offer the lightbox on some of the top models.

Nikon do film scanners for under £200.

Jessops do have some kind of service iirc, but it's not up to much from what I'm told.

Xav

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thanks Xavier. I've looked at scan's website, and Epson's not too expensive. What kind of quality are they? Obviously nowhere near the quality of a dedicated scanner, but would I notice much difference?

Its mainly for selecting the good slides, to get them blown up and printed if I want.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
Thanks Xavier. I've looked at scan's website, and Epson's not too expensive. What kind of quality are they? Obviously nowhere near the quality of a dedicated scanner, but would I notice much difference?

Its mainly for selecting the good slides, to get them blown up and printed if I want.
I've yet to unpack mine, post-move, give me a day or two and I'll go find it, and see if I have any negs handy to scan some shots and give you a sample or three to look over.

Xav

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom