Advice SLI?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So after some experimentation I've discovered that my graphics card wasn't screwed. It's the DVI to VGA adapter I've got. I know this because the monitor works when plugged into the VGA port on the new card but not when plugged into the DVI port with the adapter.

I'm going to get a 1x to 16x PCI-E riser so I can plug my old card into the 1x slot on my board. Will I be able to run a HD 2600 and a HD 6450 in SLI? If so, do I need any other cables to connect the two cards?

Access Denied

Arse. Looks like I can't do SLI or Crossfire. They're ATI cards to SLi won't do and the chipset is Nvdia so crossfire won't work =(

Just as well I'm saving up to build an absolute beast of a system!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
imo best to plough your money in to better things (like SSD or giving it to me). firstly, you can't link dissimilar cards - they must be identical; same brand, same type. Also, the performance gain you get is once again imo not worth the cost of an extra card. So, unless you really want to go for the extra 10% epeen it's really not worth it.

Access Denied

Tbh the more I read about it the less I'm interested. Might as well just get a proper system built. Thinking of the following:

i7 CPU (Highest clock speed available)
8Gb RAM (High clock speed etc)
Proper high end graphics card. Not sure whether to go with ATI or Nvidia though.
100Gb SSD for boot.
2TB 10k RPM SATA 2 HDD for storage.
950W modular PSU
An aweome mainboard.
Possibly water cooled. If not I'll have a Fenrir heatsink and fan.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
best way to sli or wahtever is to get a card integrated with two gpu's

actual SLi or AMD variant isnt worth it as a lot of games you get no addition unless it has a profile made for it .. and in about 6 months you can usually buy a card that out performs both together anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom