Sleeping problems

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Having real sleeping problems, i just cant sleep at any sensible hour anymore.
I spent the last 5 months being up late every night for various reasons, last few weeks i have tried correcting my sleeping patters. I was fine for a couple weeks and was sleeping at a descent hour (bags under my eyes disapearing), but all of a sudden starting last week i have reverted back to not being able to sleep till 3/4 in the morning and having to get up at 7:00 for work.

So what do you guys (and gals) do when you need to get to sleep?

help :<

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Having real sleeping problems, i just cant sleep at any sensible hour anymore.
I spent the last 5 months being up late every night for various reasons, last few weeks i have tried correcting my sleeping patters. I was fine for a couple weeks and was sleeping at a descent hour (bags under my eyes disapearing), but all of a sudden starting last week i have reverted back to not being able to sleep till 3/4 in the morning and having to get up at 7:00 for work.

So what do you guys (and gals) do when you need to get to sleep?

help :<

I have these sleeping pills to knock me out. Never take them though.
A nice hot shower imidiately followed by getting into a newly fluffed bed all naked and relaxed helps tbh.
I also have some relaxation music. Composed with the sole purpose of getting people to relax, that works decently too.

I don't know how active you are. But exercise is a good way to help it.
Get outside and run use your body and get plenty of fresh air.
No caffein! And don't eat too much sugar.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Aside from 2-3hrs football every sunday im pretty inactive (bar the usuals like 15-20 min walk to work)
I refuse to take drugs if i can help it, so sleeping pills are a nono for me :)
Unfortunately a shower has the oposite effect on me, i tend to be wide awake

WIll try some music and see if it helps :)

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Aside from 2-3hrs football every sunday im pretty inactive (bar the usuals like 15-20 min walk to work)

Get more fresh air. It can make a scary difference sometimes

Dukat

Resident Freddy
what blackjack said, plus keeping my eyes open.

Yes thats what I said! keep your eyes open and let your mind wonder randomly. after a while (atleast for me) you'll start finding it harder to keep em open and generally soon after that I drop off to sleep.

tends to work for me anyways.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
chron just do what i do

stick with the five hour a night sleep pattern, r0x

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
keep away from caffeine > 8-9pm. coffee/tea/coca-cola/dr pepper/red bull etc etc JUST SAY NO!

smth i try when im desperate to sleep is: make sure your in a comfortable relaxed position in bed, breathing steadily. mentally, slowly check your body from your toes to your head for tension or discomfort, if u find any reposition and start again. if when u reach your neck/brain in the process you will find your either already asleep or rdy for it.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
nytol herbal sleeping tablets.

no known overdose amount, so take as many as you want.

usually 3-4 is enough for me to goto sleep.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
camomile / valerian tea.
lavender badger balm rubbed into your temples.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Set hours (I'll always try to be in bed for 23.30 - 24.00 - then up at 7.00) and a little self hypnosis :) i've had problems getting to sleep the last 2 days almost certainly due to the amount of things going on in my life at the moment.

Loosing those thoughts and focusing on something singular normaly works and drops me off to sleep quickly.

Tilda

routine is key.
If you have a set time that you "go to bed" and acctually lie down and try to sleep, then have a set time you get up. Combine this with some physical exercise during the day and you're half way there. Then dont do anything to exciting in the 30 mins or so before going to bed, have a bath, change into nightwear and read until its bedtime.
This allows your body to wind down.

Works for me anyway.

Perhaps try cycling to work and on your way back, cycle to a park or something and do another 30 mins just so you do a bit more than 5 mins zoom too and from work.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
totally agree with tilda..
i find exercise bout 1hr-30mins b4 i go to bed good, and reading while in bed with a lamp on so the room is dim works really well.

B

Benedictine

good recommendations here - the killer really is drinking coffee within an hour of going to bed. Also allow yourself 'off-time' to think about things that happened during the day - otherwise you will just lie there and think about them in bed.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm guessing you're lying in bed thinking about various things while trying to get to sleep?

I can never sleep when stuffs going through my mind which often frustrates me as I'm a very brain active person. I always need to be doing something, I absolutely hate watching TV etc.

I find clearing my mind and trying not to think of anything ( kinda like meditating I guess ) helps me sleep a lot faster.

Also - don't drink fizzy/sugary drinks during the day - and no Coffee post-4pm.
Fizzy drinks are killer for fucking my sleep up.

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
I am amazed noone said this yet!!

If you are behind the comp alot several hours before you goto bed (especially if you have been behind a comp the most of the day) your brain is still in overdrive from processing information from the flickering immages from the screen.... If i dive into bed after gaming/comping the whole day you can bet your ass i can sleep for at least 1.5 hours... try do something else b4 you goto sleep reserve time for it.. Take a shower and read a book or sumtin...

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Fresh air/exercise superb, I always sleep easily after being out and about for at least a half hour.

Have a 15 minute bath, not too hot water, with lavendar essential oil and then get out and go lie down in bed with a good book and read for about 15 mins to half an hour and then either apply lavendar Badger balm (absolutely superb stuff, get it in Boots) or some lavendar essential oil to your pillow and get comfortable.

Spend a few minutes emptying your mind of all thoughts. If I really really can't sleep I play Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder album because that's got lots of really good memories for me which tends to send me off to sleep.

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
drink alot the the nite before :p helps me but ive only just woke up and still feel pissed, nearly fell the stairs as well.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
1. Eat 3 meals a day at regular times. Do not eat 10 mins before going to bed !

2. Eat your 5 a day of fresh fruit

3. Cut down caffeine intake. Drink more water.

4. Go to bed at a sensible time.

5. Spend less time in front of the PC

6. Get some fresh air / exercise

7. Get laid

8. Leave a window open when you sleep to allow fresh air to circulate and stale farty smells to escape.

Works for me. Don't need any pills.

GL

If you're worried, go see the doc.

rah

Fledgling Freddie
heavy lifting or vodka, works great for relaxing later on:fluffle:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i used to have problems sleeping 1st you need to reset your body clock, stay up all day and all night and go to bed at 10pm, cut out any fizzy drinks, tea coffee or alcohol and dont smoke before bed because nicotine will perk you up.

i find having nothing to distract me in my bedroom helps me so i dont have a tv or anything like that got a radio but thats on the alarm clock, any hoo it might take a while but if you do this youll get in to a proper sleep pattern,

failing that go to the dr's and get some sleepers to set you right for a week or so then you wont need them.

Himse

FH is my second home
Aye, get off the computer early, i mean like 6, and do something relaxing (TV = no no, such as reading in the garden, it calms your brain down and prepares you for sleep i think ¬¬ i found that if i sit off the pc a couple of hours before i go to bed, i am able to get to sleep quicker and feel much more refreshed.

tris-

dont goto the docs for sleeping tablets!

they are adictive. if you want tablets get the herbal nytols. you can take as many as you like and you dont ever feel inclined to take them again.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
heh i tried those herbal nytols once n found they did fuckall, tho i did only take two.
one thing that does work for me tho is to have sex just before bed - drift off no prob.basque in that warm comfy glow:D

[slim]

Fledgling Freddie
lilmissnaughty said:
heh i tried those herbal nytols once n found they did fuckall, tho i did only take two.
one thing that does work for me tho is to have sex just before bed - drift off no prob.basque in that warm comfy glow:D

Unless ur him ..
fuck%20on%20first%20date.jpg

Then take 10 E's instead and hope for an overdose ¬.¬

tris-

lilmissnaughty said:

thats why i sugges taking more. like 3-4

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
lilmissnaughty said:
for me tho is to have sex just before bed -

Hell, i'd have to go to bed at 8 or something to get enough sleep after :eek7:

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
^$Lim said:
Unless ur him ..
fuck%20on%20first%20date.jpg

Then take 10 E's instead and hope for an overdose ¬.¬
If i was him i wouldnt worry so much about getting to sleep an perhaps worry more bout trying to never again wake up:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom