Sleeping in the same bed

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I have a similar type of problem to you. And Trem. My gf doesn't really snore but manages to whistle and force air through her nostrils even when there's not enough flow, which gets REALLY loud. It's essentially her forcing all the air out of her in as short a time as possible through the smallest gaps. Do this yourself and see how loud it can be. I've tried to get her to sleep with her mouth open so this is limited, but she just doesn't do it.

Long and the short of it is that sleeping in separate rooms will often both make you happier, and will allow you to sleep the patterns you want without disturbing one another, or one having to go to the sofa. This obviously doesn't always go down well with some couples, mostly the female side of it.

If that's not really viable, like in my case (live in a 1 bed flat and sleeping on the sofa isn't really possible for more than a couple of hours) then you need to start going to bed later or making her go to bed earlier.

If she was on holiday or doing something that means she won't be going to bed much earlier than me (she wakes before 7, I wake at 9) this would cause problems in the past as I would need to be winding down in bed before sleep but couldn't close off, which meant I got much less sleep and a lower quality of sleep.

Since we've moved though I've been banned from having spliffs in the bedroom, which means my wind-down time is now in the living room, so she's normally asleep by the time I get back at about 2-3. This is just about working, although begrudgingly on my part as there's nothing better than a chilled, slow spliff before bed - and I can no longer do this. Have to be half comfortable on the sofa, not snuggled up. :(

I would recommend giving the second room a shot, at least for weekdays or whenever it is you need to get up for work. Weekends, when you can spend more time in bed and don't need to worry so much about time you could go back to the same bed and see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom