Sleeping in the same bed

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I understand that many of the freddies have girlfriends (or gay lovers) or are married.

I've been living with my bird for a few years now and I've not really had a good nights sleep in the past year or two. I'm quite a light sleeper and she's a fidget and a snorer so I am constantly getting disturbed. It comes and goes in phases depending on where she is in her moody bleedy cycle and such, but it's rare to get a 'clear run' at sleep which leads to her having to move onto the sofa (or I order her to get to the sofa).

The problem is that when she was working full time, she was shattered and be in bed at 10:30pm so was sound asleep and out cold by the time I came to bed by 11:30pm. However, she's back at uni and not in the same sleep pattern as me and is not quite tired enough by the time I'm fucked and want to get to sleep by 11:30pm.

She can't sleep on the sofa the rest of her life, so I suspect that we'll need to do something. As it's a two bedroom flat, I think I'll need to start sleeping in the spare room.

Anyone else had to go through the same or offer any advice?

Kronic

Loyal Freddie
Snoreeze Oral Strips which she puts in her mouth or a snore guard tends to work for me

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I can't believe you send her to the sofa! You're a classy guy G.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Have you tried balls gags and restraints? Probably cost you under £50.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
If you've got the space, a bigger bed will help with the fidgeting.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Silence is golden, however Duct tape is silver.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Wine, whisky or sleeping pills? That's her sorted.

As for you ... all three ?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Get a hugie bed, made up of two singles bolted together designed to be a double.

My ma has one, and we sleep in it when she goes abroad and we cat sit for her.

We get the best nights sleep ever, although I feel alone in it, so cold and alone.... :(

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
My ma has one, and we sleep in it when she goes abroad and we cat sit for her.

Im so glad you finished that sentence ill be honest my mouth was open when i started reading it

sayward

Resident Freddy
I have one of those beds, just gives the other half more room to turn onto his back and snore. Murder works.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I use Ear Plugs, put those in and I am gone. Sometime she will fidgit about, but I am kind of used to it now. We are saving up for a bigger bed like a king size, which will make a lot of difference. Also I sometimes sleep on the sofa if it gets really bad, as our sofa is really comfy and you fall asleep real easy on it.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I use Ear Plugs, put those in and I am gone.

When my dad was dieing.... I still lived at home and part of his condition meant that he had a terrible hacking cough which would be particularly bad overnight. Because of this, I found it hard to sleep and tried earplugs.

It worked at first and I drifted almost instantly off to sleep for the first time in ages. However, I woke up about an hour later really dizzy and stumbled my way to the bathroom to throw up.

Odd, I thought, must be something I ate. I went back to bed, but lying down with the ear plugs in made me horribly dizzy and nauseous again. I took the earplugs out and within minutes felt fine.

I tried the same the next night and had the same problem, just short of throwing up.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i use earplugs and tbh i dont have a problem with them but i suppose im used to them as where i work we have to wear them

russell

FH is my second home
Mr Russell snored terribly for years. We slept in different beds, started off together for a cuddle and then I moved beds to sleep. Friends thought it wierd, but it made for a much better quality of life. I am mean when I am tried.
His mother and father have the same set up. His snoring is hereditory -from the back of the throat -so NOTHING worked, strips.. pills... postions-we tried everything for years.. even considered surgery -but it was expensive, painfull and not a great success rate.

Then he quietly chose to loose weight as he missed sharing a bed all night, and 4 stone lighter he only snores when he is bladdered now. As the same of his airway has changed.

My advice is to investigate the cause, see what the doctor advises -then do what you need to make the best of it. And do record it -my husband could not believe how loud his snoring was. You could hear him from outside the front door!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
my girl snores so i just hold her nose closed until she wakes up then use the short opportunity before she starts snoring again to fall asleep

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Samm doesn't snore, she whistles, thats right fucking whistles through her nose :eek:

Mind you we haven't slept in the same bed for over a year now due to our daughter being in the room and me having night terrors, so no one dies and I get sleep. Win win.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I can't believe you send her to the sofa! You're a classy guy G.

*points* :eek:

Look; she bleeds me dry, she gets everything she wants and I pay for everything. I bought this place myself, furnished it, kitted it out and decorated it all myself. All she needs to do is wander through to the other room when she's having a bad snore night.

However, I am trying to compromise, hence this thread :).

russell

FH is my second home
The one that snores should be the one that moves. You boys are too soft!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Big. Fucking. Bed.

With a reasonably firm mattress. You spend a 3rd of your life in it so it doesn't pay to skimp. Best grand and a half I ever spent (big fuck off emperor sized pine thing with an expensive mattress).

I wouldn't notice if the bird was getting raped.

Im so glad you finished that sentence ill be honest my mouth was open when i started reading it

This. And;

night terrors

What the fuck are these? You thrashing about because you're dreaming about the pain you cause yourself every time you DIY?

Edit: BTW, I agree with the weight loss / doctor suggestions - probably worth a look :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home

Look; she bleeds me dry, she gets everything she wants and I pay for everything. I bought this place myself, furnished it, kitted it out and decorated it all myself. All she needs to do is wander through to the other room when she's having a bad snore night.

She must be a fantastic fuck then. :wij:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
wait what? did I miss out? again? :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Hmm, forget about the snoring issue, I think we need to talk about your control issues. Lie on the couch and tell me about your childhood.

NB. I've found the best cure for snoring ever. A 10 month old who won't settle in her own bed, insists on sleeping in yours, and then kicks you in the jaw when you start to snore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom