Slaves to the grave.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The state pension age is to rise to 68 from 2044 as part of government proposals to strengthen pension provision in the UK.

The link between the state pension and earnings will also be restored within the next Parliament, as part of the government's white paper on pensions.

GG.
I quit the UK ASAP.
Get Degree ---> Leave.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I'll turn 67 in 2044 (If I make it that far). Guess I'll just miss out then, as I'll already be retired :D

Sar

Part of the furniture
I'll be 69 in 2044 - out 5 years prior on a government pension \:D/

Will

/bin/su
I'll be 67, and living the high life* on my pension.

*deciding whether to eat, or turn on the heating

Tom

I am a FH squatter
When the pension was first introduced most people probably didn't even live for long enough to receive it.

People are living much longer, so they should work for longer. Its that simple. If they want to retire and live for 35 years off the state, then perhaps they should find some other mugs who are going to pay for that. Personally, I don't really plan to retire at all, but then again I only work around 100-150 days a year.

I hope you'll be paying the UK for your degree before you leave, you wouldn't want to be labelled a sponger would you.....

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I do believe my tax contributions are meant to cover such things as providing for subsidised education.

That said, I'll happily sponge if thats the economic situation, better than getting robbed by our govt ;)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Will said:
I'll be 67, and living the high life* on my pension.

*deciding whether to eat, or turn on the heating

Liquid in mouth...now all over monitor... Where do I send the invoice?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If I dont have a pension when I retire I'll comit a crime and spend my remaining years sponging of the state in prison with a nice TV and warm cell....

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
When the pension was first introduced most people probably didn't even live for long enough to receive it.

People are living much longer, so they should work for longer. Its that simple. If they want to retire and live for 35 years off the state, then perhaps they should find some other mugs who are going to pay for that. Personally, I don't really plan to retire at all, but then again I only work around 100-150 days a year.

I hope you'll be paying the UK for your degree before you leave, you wouldn't want to be labelled a sponger would you.....

+ when pensions were introduced they fscked up the implimentation. It was supposed to be a social insurance with NI being put towards a contributary pension for the generation paying it. But the government changed that and gave pensions to everyone, including those who were already old enough, thus forcing each generation to pay for their parents and grandparents. Which isn't too bad until you get the babyboomers who are about to make us bancrupt.....

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Tom said:

yeah - why should the state provide for those folk who have worked for years and contributed towards the pension that they will get when they retire. The state is too busy throwing money at spongers and immigrants.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
yaruar said:
+ when pensions were introduced they fscked up the implimentation. It was supposed to be a social insurance with NI being put towards a contributary pension for the generation paying it. But the government changed that and gave pensions to everyone, including those who were already old enough, thus forcing each generation to pay for their parents and grandparents. Which isn't too bad until you get the babyboomers who are about to make us bancrupt.....

Pyramid schemes are illegal..unless you're the government ;)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Oddly enough ECA's post was in reference to the BBC's newspost.
They were not talking about "until 2044"
They meant until you were 2044 years old.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
dysfunction said:
If I dont have a pension when I retire I'll comit a crime and spend my remaining years sponging of the state in prison with a nice TV and warm cell....
I bet your "cell" will be warm. Har Har! ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tom said:

LOL! I remember when I went to Uni; I'd been working for seven years beforehand, paid my National Insurance etc. I was unemployed for three months after graduation; did my seven years of contributions count towards unemployment benefit? Did they bollocks. I hardly think the State can claim any loyalty when those that do pay in are ripped off at every opportunity.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Good old Gordon gave away everyones pension in the form of tax credits ect, the full extent of the fuck up will not be truley revield until there is a change of government.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
At which point they will bring it up time and time again while smudging over their own fuck ups. They are all the fucking same.

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
By restoring the earnings link people retiring around 2050 will be £40 a week better off, based on today's prices, at least according to government calculations.

Pulling money out of their arses again? How will an earnings link give more money to give to people? Unless they just end up giving people who earned more over their lives (and paid more taxes) nothing? Maybe I should just get employed as a dustbin cleaner. If I don't earn enough money, the government will give it to me at some point anyway..

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
fook this!

I'll emigrate after i finish my degree then! and 2nd to

VOTE NEW CONSERVATIVE :p

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Guys guys guys.....stop complaining and take out a personal pension plan, if your employer doesnt provide one for you. Ive had one since I started working fulltime 16 years ago.

I plan to retire at 55 thank you very much

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Our welfare system is such that because we don't have enough young working people and too many old people that the current young working generation are going to have to support the pensioners (and everything else, but here we are talking about pensions). In the olden days it was fine, you had a much more favourable worker to pensioner ratio.

Same with a lot of Europe the welfare state is a good idea. But! the current demographics don't support it as well as it used too, its the reason UK, France, Germany etc are all struggling with their current systems.

No easy fix,

a) either all of Europe says ok, lets have a federal Europe we let in Turkey and the welfare system goes from a sovereign country to a state of Europe, which would be propped up from tax's from the young populations of the developing EU countries.

b) We reduce the welfare system, so each individual is responsible for their own pension and future from savings, private pension plans etc. but there's always the portion of society that either will put it if to late or the spongers who won't work a day in their life. Thus leaving us with a larger pensioner poverty problem.

c) The workers give in to the fact that because we have the system we have we are going to have to work longer and pay more tax.

All sounds sooo fun doesn't it...

I personally think that the private pension and the massive reduction and phasing out of the state pension is the only way for it to work till we improve the UK demo's. If however as all the papers are saying the British people are having to few kids then the only other option is to continue letting in thousands and thousands of young migrant workers. But of course a lot of people complain about that too. So either get making babies or lose it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Will said:
Because, as a party of low taxation, they'll leave us with a great pension...

Maybe they'll stop taxing pensions ? :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Furr said:
Our welfare system is such that because we don't have enough young working people and too many old people that the current young working generation are going to have to support the pensioners (and everything else, but here we are talking about pensions). In the olden days it was fine, you had a much more favourable worker to pensioner ratio.

Same with a lot of Europe the welfare state is a good idea. But! the current demographics don't support it as well as it used too, its the reason UK, France, Germany etc are all struggling with their current systems.

No easy fix,

a) either all of Europe says ok, lets have a federal Europe we let in Turkey and the welfare system goes from a sovereign country to a state of Europe, which would be propped up from tax's from the young populations of the developing EU countries.

b) We reduce the welfare system, so each individual is responsible for their own pension and future from savings, private pension plans etc. but there's always the portion of society that either will put it if to late or the spongers who won't work a day in their life. Thus leaving us with a larger pensioner poverty problem.

c) The workers give in to the fact that because we have the system we have we are going to have to work longer and pay more tax.

All sounds sooo fun doesn't it...

I personally think that the private pension and the massive reduction and phasing out of the state pension is the only way for it to work till we improve the UK demo's. If however as all the papers are saying the British people are having to few kids then the only other option is to continue letting in thousands and thousands of young migrant workers. But of course a lot of people complain about that too. So either get making babies or lose it.

People who work can't afford kids. Only dolies in Council Houses can and they don't pay any tax.

Oooh, little bit of politics :)

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Reason that the goverment needs to start promoting family values and give tax breaks, reduced car tax, reduced fuel and heating bills to the working middle classes, the more kids you have the better you get it. as long as your working aswell of course!

Guess that also means help with child nursery costs and school should go from 9 in the morning till 5:45 you could add 2 hours activity time after lunch for things like football, rugby, sport, CCF, community service etc. could makes more people take up work as they don't have to pick up the kids till 5:45 But wait state schools have all sold off their playing fields and don't have proper facilities for sport anymore... so thats that idea down the drain. Plus the kids today would probably go on the riot since its now illegal to do or say anything that would discipline them.. instead you are allowed to sit you and child down and have a talk to them on an equal level.... since today the liberal wackos who run everything believe that as soon as a baby comes out the womb it already knows how to be a model citizen of society..

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Kids shouldn't be forced to play football on a playing field ffs. They should be allowed to play football on cul-de-sacs, using cars and windows as goals. It's just much funnier that way. Anything else is cruel :eek:

</rant>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom