slash vs crush

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
I was wondering, whats better to have as an highlander merc. Crush or Slash? And why?

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Well this is the main differences i see-

Crush-
Neutral to Midgard Chain
Weak against Hibernian Scale
Anytime Followup stun.
Uses Only Str to get weapon skill/damage.
Can have Brusier in Crush.

Slash-
Weak against Midgard Chain
Strong against Hibernian Scale
Hard hitting anytime and followup.
Uses only Str to get weapon skill/damage.
Can have Spear of Kings in Slash.

Martok

Part of the furniture
i say it comes down to your play style both work off str only and both have bonus's, im personaly slash because well ive always been slash and i like it i got a crush spec too and personaly didnt like it but its each to there own.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
I have thought about this alot with me making my new merc. For me i decided Crush in the end as i will probably be grouped with another slash merc and my personal opinion is slash/crush mercs > slash/slash mercs. Thrust is also a option but much harder to spellcraft imo, styles suck but the opponents who are vulnerable to thrust damage are nice.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Littles said:
I have thought about this alot with me making my new merc. For me i decided Crush in the end as i will probably be grouped with another slash merc and my personal opinion is slash/crush mercs > slash/slash mercs. Thrust is also a option but much harder to spellcraft imo, styles suck but the opponents who are vulnerable to thrust damage are nice.

Also its more difficult to have a the same WS as a Thrust Saracen/Briton as it is to have a Crush/Slash HO.

Tzare

Loyal Freddie
Crush is nice if you need to kit a pet or tank off your support and is also nice if you are planning to solo due to the stun chain.
Cant say much about slash, hav´nt tryed it yet.

Glerina

Fledgling Freddie
Highlander thrust imo! Or a briton...saracen is too squishy and doesn't give you any advantage in damage (at least not over a briton and only 5 damage stat points over highlander).

P.S.: My calculations may be wrong, because numbers and I aren't on speaking terms anymore since the 11th grade incident.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
My merc is crush and have enjoyed playing it,the opening Blungeaon uses vey little end,followed by contusions for 6 sec stun,then side style whiled they are stunned.
But If was to do again I think I'd go slash,only thing stopping me is my malice/battler but think I read I can swap them for slash style in patch 1.78.

Dorimor1

Banned
Crush does have a stun but if your parry is good enough you should be able to get in Hypnotik Darkness which is a longer one (though I may be wrong) I guess its down to personal preference in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom