+slash skill

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
Hellow!

Its prolly been asked before, and answered aswell, but here goes:

say i got 39slash spec on my mincer, and get 11skill from items, and 4more from RR... What does the +skill till 50(39+11) and what does +skill above 50(50+4) for a mincer/tank in general

i know with caster that 50skill give's no, or minimal variantion (and above 50 give more dmg?) or something like that (dont mind if some1 clears that up aswel ^^ )

thx in advance for the replies :D

oh, and QQ about my bad english :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
anything over 50 total is pointless as you gain nothing from it

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
According to Wyrds testings, anything above 51 effective spec doesn't wield any benefit. So 39+12 is ideal, anything above that doesn't help you.

At least from what i remember.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Think thats true for composite specing needing 51 weapon when your using another lines styles such as DW/CS, think it raises your style dmg slightly still tho, but your base melee dmg doesn't raise, anyone know more about this?

I hit harder with 50+16slash then I did with 39+16 at least.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest I agree with Jaem, I thought that was only true for composite line specing aswell. Any further info would be appreciated.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Jaem- said:
Think thats true for composite specing needing 51 weapon when your using another lines styles such as DW/CS, think it raises your style dmg slightly still tho, but your base melee dmg doesn't raise, anyone know more about this?

I hit harder with 50+16slash then I did with 39+16 at least.

its because your wpn spec is 50 base without + items or +rr

your dmg goes up according to the amount your specced in the wpn line, all being a total of 50 achieves is variance...hecen variance affects the ability to consistantly hit for 100% of the dmg you can deal.

a paladin with 39 slash hits for say 120 unbuffed, with 44 slash he hits for about 160.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
What I know is:

When you do a Slash style: 50+11 Slash does more style damage then 50+1 Slash.

The Wyrd thing is for secondary lines:
If you do a Dual Wield or Pole style with a slash weapon, it will do the same damage if you are Slash 39+12 (51 total) or 50+12. 51 in total Slash (or Crush, Thrust) gives max benefit to DW/Pole.

But if you use the Slash styles themselves: the higher your lvl in it, the better.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Gazon said:
What I know is:

When you do a Slash style: 50+11 Slash does more style damage then 50+1 Slash.

The Wyrd thing is for secondary lines:
If you do a Dual Wield or Pole style with a slash weapon, it will do the same damage if you are Slash 39+12 (51 total) or 50+12. 51 in total Slash (or Crush, Thrust) gives max benefit to DW/Pole.

But if you use the Slash styles themselves: the higher your lvl in it, the better.

what he said

every extra + to your main damage line is 0.5% extra damage

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
the + skill is mainly for resist purpose, all you get above 50 makes it easyer for you to hit enemy eg. you attack a lvl 50 mid you have 39+11 slash you will perhaps hit miss miss miss hit hit hit miss hit hit. now if you had 39+15 (RR5) it would go more like this: hit hit miss hit miss hit hit hit miss hit hit, so you have more hits cause your attack skill is now higher and your chance to hit the target with eg. 26% resist is increased.

it should do litle more dmg as well, but I don't think that ½% is mutch extra, but ofc is something

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Dimmer said:
your attack skill is now higher and your chance to hit the target with eg. 26% resist is increased.

eh? you do know that your melee resists do not effect your chance to get hit only the damage taken from hits? The AF and evade/block/parry skills are the only things that will effect that.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Dimmer said:
the + skill is mainly for resist purpose, all you get above 50 makes it easyer for you to hit enemy eg. you attack a lvl 50 mid you have 39+11 slash you will perhaps hit miss miss miss hit hit hit miss hit hit. now if you had 39+15 (RR5) it would go more like this: hit hit miss hit miss hit hit hit miss hit hit, so you have more hits cause your attack skill is now higher and your chance to hit the target with eg. 26% resist is increased.

it should do litle more dmg as well, but I don't think that ½% is mutch extra, but ofc is something

lol where did u get that from? total bollocks

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Dimmer said:

Lol I have never read so much bollox in my life.. if you dont know what your talking about dont post!

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dimmer said:

Resist only is protection, lowing dmg when hit, it plays no part in chance to miss, afaik its only AF.
But yeah, higher you spec in it, the easier it will be to pass through the targets defences and land a hit due to higher weapon skill and maybe gaining styles with more +to hit bonus.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
It's simple:

Speccing above 51 effective levels in your main style-line will give additional benefit.

eg: 50+12 slash >> 39+12 slash on a 1h slash paladin.
eg: 50+12 thrust >> 39+12 thrust on a thrust merc ONLY when using thrust styles.

Speccing above 51 effective levels in a damage type when using another style line will NOT give additional benefit.

eg: 50 2handed + 50+12 slash != 50 2handed + 39+12 slash.

So; as a thrust infiltrator, you could spec less than 50 thrust (get 51 effective) and use CS styles at maximum damage, but your thrust styles would be less damage.

But 50 thrust is a 5second stun off evade7, so most spec that anyway. Works for all classes tho.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Speccing above 51 effective levels in a damage type when using another style line will NOT give additional benefit.

eg: 50 2handed + 50+12 slash != 50 2handed + 39+12 slash.

Don't you mean 50 2handed + 50+12 slash = 50 2handed + 39+12 slash?

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
so as a mincer i just need to get as much skill as possible :)

cheers for the replies!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
DrunkSkunk said:

cheers for the replies!

Yes, above 51 effective levels your damage will increase on minstrel.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
DrunkSkunk said:

cheers for the replies!

Bigger the better! :p

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
what i've red on another forums is that if you got 39+12 vs 50+12 , the points above 50 raises your style dmg. so 50+12 gives better style dmg than 39+12 do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom