Slash Infil vs. Thrust Infil

P

Phelicia

I'd like to know some positive things about both specs, and negative things.

As I would guess... Slash would be good if you will go for high-CS, and Thrust if you wanna pwn people by spamming Dragonfang.

I like Dragonfang on my Merc, when I get it off with my 1337-Evade 1, but I don't know if I want to make 2 Thrust chars.

So... Pointers please :)

O

old.Thiralith

Well, I can't be arsed to start pointing out what's good with what, but it doesn't matter very much if your slash or thrust, any of them is fine. My inf back in the time was slash and CS specced and worked perfectly... it's the way you play your char that matters.

Anyway if you have some questions drop in on irc #daoc.prydwen I'm there under nick "Gm_" so just priv..

L

Lynxian

Thrust = DF

Going 50 thrust for DF is the only actual reason to spec thrust. With buffbot, it´s quite uber even if SBs often hit "purge" in 1/2 sec.

Slash is not bad either, especially against SBs and NS.

I have speced 50 thrust and it works great. Haven´t really tried slash.

I guess you´re not thinking of being a merciltrator....

L

liste

thrust is better vs NSs
slash is better vs SBs

its all about personal taste, and playing style.

having tried slash, thrust and mercfil, i'd say:

Slash is more suited for the Classic Assassin type, whereas thrust often offer a more varied role.

mercfil is only really any use if you have a buff bot, and thrust is weaker than slash, unless you have the buffbot.

(by thrust, i mean 50 thrust, 44 or 39 CS. by mercfil i mean 50 thrust and 50 DW, with a low CS)

A

andyr00barb

Any thrust infils out there that actually spam dragonfang? Only time I ever have is when I now I'm gonna lose a fight and want to get away. Shouldn't it be spamdragonfangfortherunaway?

O

old.Hellskor

Slash-Infil is about the same as a 5spec/SZ SB, just with higher weapon skill and better to-hit bonus on the anytime styles.
No Stun-styles beside Creeping Death tho (atleast to my knowledge, not playing Alb)... but atleast you get PA+CD unlike a SZ ;)

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by andyr00barb
Any thrust infils out there that actually spam dragonfang? Only time I ever have is when I now I'm gonna lose a fight and want to get away. Shouldn't it be spamdragonfangfortherunaway?

mostly they use that handy back-up style function so that they always attempt a dragonfang then back it up with an anytime...

A

andyr00barb

Originally posted by old.willowywicca
mostly they use that handy back-up style function so that they always attempt a dragonfang then back it up with an anytime...

Precisely, but that isn't spamming. At least not in my opinion anyway.

L

Lynxian

Dragonfang

You can spam DF 4 times with fast swords and buffs, though I prefer DF, hamstring, leaper, DF. After that combo my defense bonus is maxed.

O

old.Bubble

Thrust is the 'ubah' cookie cutter spec

Slash infs have to normaly rely on a PA/CD followed my a few Amythests.

Thrust infs normal win after the dragonfang( /send rambo BUFFS PLZZZ!!!!!!)

O

old.Emma

depends really. Played a thrust infil, and sure DF is good but you gotta land it first, anytime damage is a bit poo though.

Slash on the otherhand doesnt have that stun style, but you get easily the best anytime style in the game.

Buffed the damage you can do can be pretty sick.

Me buffed running with TehZerg on excal.

http://www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/48inf-vs-50rr5zerk.jpg

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by liste

mercfil is only really any use if you have a buff bot, and thrust is weaker than slash, unless you have the buffbot.

hmph.

I dont do so bad <shrugs> I've only ever really had my arse utterly handed to me a few times in an unbuffed/unbuffed fight. I wouldnt say mercfil is as bad as some make it out to be. in theory it should be, but for somereason it works. I wouldnt change it myself. Again, its all about playstyle.

or maybe im just uber :p

D

Derric

You're all blabbing about damagetypes,different styles etc but nobody has mentioned that which is most important...slash looks way more cool than thrust.

:p

O

old.Tyraette

hehe true

one reason i specced out of critstrike was cos hamstring made me look like some ballerina :p

dualshadows is nice though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom