Help Skype problem! Halp!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Ok....
I reinstalled my computer a couple of weeks ago. Basically same setup as before, same Windows, same CPU, same hardware. I never had problems with skype before, but since the reinstallation, I´m unable to add new contacts in Skype. Whenver I hit the "add new contacts" button, all I get this:

skype.jpg

o_O
Things I tried to do:

-disable firewall
-use different browser (God knows why..)
-get an older version of Skype (currently running v. 5.0.0.152)

The import contact button is working, it´s just the "new contacts" that seems to be broken.

Any ideas?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Other block programs, such as...umm...noscript or that peer thingy?

Seems something is blocking skype from getting online, seeing there's the whole red x etc.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Seems something is blocking skype from getting online, seeing there's the whole red x etc.

That´s the thing... nothing is blocking it from getting online. I´m online, icon is nice and green and the same window that´s now red-x´ed is workinf just fine when I try to import contacts from facebook etc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Could try shutting down programs one by one and re-starting skype after each one, in case there's a conflict of some kind.

Weird though, because the add new contacts should be local at start :eek7:

So only thing could be that the install is somehow f*cked up, but since you've tried different versions, without trying every version, no idea :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom