sky+

NaveT

Fledgling Freddie
Finally convinced my other half to allow me to get Sky+ :D

Now since its January, money is a bit tight. There was a deal for Sky+ installation for £99, however this has now ended. Does anyone know of any promotion codes or other deals, to save me paying £199?

Cheers

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Try haggling. I do, and you'd be surprised at how often it works.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I have yet to see a real benefit to having Sky Plus... nothing a VCR or two can't solve... I guess it's just not for me :(

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
Skyler said:
I have yet to see a real benefit to having Sky Plus... nothing a VCR or two can't solve... I guess it's just not for me :(

Pausing live tv is extremely useful, as is the ability to rewind if you just missed something. It's also extremely easy to record new programs, rather than pissing about with VHS, you have a nice tv guide where you click record on the program you want. It's also 5.1 sound for the movies and records in that, so good if you have the full home cinema.

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
WTF £199 I was waiting to get paid this month to get sky. I was willing to pay £99 but £199 sod that. Im gonna be annoyed if it is, no 24 for me then :(

*EDIT*
My bad your talking about SKY +

Sky for me then \o/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Skyler said:

I've got TiVo and comparing it to VCR is like comparing a Ferrari to a pram. Once you've got hard disk recording you just won't go back. TiVo was a bit of a pain in the arse to set up because it has to make itself compatible with your set top box (if you have one) which is a bit hit and miss, but Sky+ is supposed to be much easier (as its Tivo inside the stb).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom